Engine swap into Poprsche 914 seeking info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine swap into Poprsche 914 seeking info

I am installing a LQ1 3.4 into a Porsche 914. I have the adapter kit from a previous conversion I did years ago but am using the 3.4 this time instead of the Fiero 2.8. Does anybody know of a source for headers for use with this engine used longitudinaly? Are the exhaust ports the same as on 2.8, ie: could I use Blazer headers? And I'm looking for the absolute minimum computer wiring needed to run in this application. I have been studying the wiring diagram and it looks doable but if some one could same me time I would sure appreciate it.

None of the pushrod manifolds will work for you.
    I believe you can use two front manifolds for rwd conversions.
    Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Thanks. I'll check the bolt patterns on the heads to see if they will flip. That would actually provide a great exhaust configuration.

Comment

i'm certain i've seen that done for the basis of some turbo manifolds. at least for the 91-95 heads/manifolds. i don't know why, but i have the faintest recollection that it doesn't work with the 96/97 heads/manifolds.
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

96+ has an irregular port shape, but if would think if you assimilate the manifold ports large enough to accommodate coverage of the head ports without compromising the gasket integrity, it should be feasible for a turbo header application.

Comment

Originally posted by randy914 View Post
            Thanks. I'll check the bolt patterns on the heads to see if they will flip. That would actually provide a great exhaust configuration.
            This may be one of the few times I suggest locating AIR equipped manifolds. The spare ports make for great EGT diagnostics.

Comment

Working...
            X