Help! LQ1 in a 914, need wiring help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! LQ1 in a 914, need wiring help.

I have a Porsche 914 I stuck a LQ1 in. Idles great but won't rev beyond 2500rpm without big stumble. The OBD1 data link connector was not with the engine when I bought it and I am trying to reassemble it so I can read codes and address the problem. Anyone know which specific wires go to the data connector? I have the connector diagram but not the tracing to the ECM. Also need the correct wiring of the "check engine light" to read codes too. (ie: is the check engine light on the ground or the ECM side of the data connector or what?) I have to put it back together, anybody help? Thanks
    Attached Files

well, that's an interesting swap....

which ECM are you using, the 91-93(16149396) or 94-95(16196401, I think?). they share the same connectors, but are wildly different in terms of wiring.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Using the 91-93. Out of a Z34 Lumina. I need to restore the data link connector and the Check Engine Light.

Comment

scroll down to the 16149396 section, that should cover what you need.
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Using a '93 Z34 Lumina engine. Just need to know how to restore the data link connector and Check Engine Light.
          It is an interesting swap. I built one of these years ago with a HO 2.8 out of a Fiero and backed it into a tree at 40 mph so I had the adapter kit and wondered what was the best HP I could find from a 60deg V6. handles amazingly well.

Comment

Where do I find the 16149396 section?

Comment

about 3/4 of the way down the page, there should be a heading of " 91-93 3.4DOHC 16149396 $DF ", that archive should have all of the necessary diagrams for the PCM.
              Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
                X