No announcement yet.

95 GTP Transmission Noise Help (Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 GTP Transmission Noise Help (Video)

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a 1995 GTP with the LQ1 and 4t-60e. The car sounds like it has a bad exhaust leak but I noticed the noise is only present in drive gears and worse under acceleration. I can rev it park or neutral and there is no exhaust leak sound. The trans shifts fine and fluid is clean but the noise is very loud and I would like to fix this before I need a new trans. Would this be a torque converter or flex plate problem? Any insight would be helpful. Thank you!

- John

Noise in drive with park brake set:

Under Acceleration:

Engine torque playing games with the exhaust system?

Broken/damaged engine mount leading to excess engine rock--which then flexes the exhaust pipe-to-manifold joint?
    ^ some people may call this guy an asshole at times, but he isn't wrong very often -- Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Schurkey View Post
      Engine torque playing games with the exhaust system?

Broken/damaged engine mount leading to excess engine rock--which then flexes the exhaust pipe-to-manifold joint?
      Thanks for the reply Shurkey

Is there any way the trans or torque converter could be making this noise? Is there a method I could use to rule them out?

Comment

Sure. Trans or converter could make noise. Very unlikely. Check exhaust system first.
        ^ some people may call this guy an asshole at times, but he isn't wrong very often -- Robert

Comment

Working...
        X