Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do these cars use an Intake air temp sender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do these cars use an Intake air temp sender?

I finally got around to hooking up my 12 pin to USB adapter today, loaded up tunerpro RT v4 (version 5 data would jump all over). I noticed the IAT temp was showing -40. I checked the IAT sensor and it appears to be a dummy sensor, it has no inner workings just the plastic shell with the connector plugged into it. I assumed the MAF took care of all things air coming into the motor and that the IAT is not necessary but am i wrong? Would sure like to figure out why when it sits idling and gets up to temp it starts cutting out but if you get it going down the road it straightens back up.

WHAT CAR???
    ^ some people may call this guy an asshole at times, but he isn't wrong very often -- Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Schurkey View Post
      WHAT CAR???
      ..... I suppose that would be helpfull

1995 Grand Prix GT

Comment

I went ahead and installed an IAT sensor and while it doesn't seem to run much different down the road, it does appear to (so far) have fixed the issue with it running rough when it sits idle for a while. I assume the incoming air was getting warmed by the high under hood temps from sitting still and the major difference between indicated and actual air temp cause the issue. I did notice the o2 sensor seems to have a much more uniform pattern than before installing the IAT. So i guess i'll cross my fingers and hope that was the issue. Now onto making the fan/fans come on when the a/c is running.. I wouldn't normally go threw this much trouble for a 4 door grand prix this old but it is in better condition than most cars 10 years newer.

Comment

Hello

The Intake Air Temperature sensor is usually mounted in the intake manifold so the tip will be exposed to air entering the engine.

Comment

^^^ I hate forum spammers. Tried to flag it, got error message. Why do we need accounting help from Australia?
            ^ some people may call this guy an asshole at times, but he isn't wrong very often -- Robert

Comment

Working...
            X