Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EGR Adapter Plate (91 egr -> 96 manifold)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR Adapter Plate (91 egr -> 96 manifold)

I might get screwed since emmissions is coming back to CT very soon. I'm already kinda worried that the cam timing changes (-16* on the exhaust cams) I made will have a negative impact on emmissions. If your car is OBD they hook up to the computer. Well, with the 96 intake manifolds I couldnt use my egr (the 96 egr wont work with my puter) so its egr-less. It trips a code, although that can be disabled, but that wont help me pass this test. I'm not sure if they look under the hood and visually verify the emissions equiptment but I can only assume they do. So long story short I need an adapter plate so I can use my 91 style egr on my 96 manifold. I figure there has to be one out there for the fiero swappers but havent a clue where to look. I really dont feel much like swappin the manifold back to the 91s just for this damn test, I dont even have the time to do it. anyone know where I can get an adapter plate should it exist??

-thanks,
    john
    1991 Grand Prix GTP LX9swap/Getrag 284 --- SOLD =(
    1994 Corvette
    LT1/ZF6
    2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4
    3.7/42RLE

I have never heard of an adapter for this. You can try fiero.nl but I don't think even the fiero owners have gone through that. I have heard that you can pass without the EGR, but you will need it bolted on to pass the visual inspection. I don't have a 96 intake yet to compare so I have no idea what the adapter needs to look like.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Just block off the outlet on the exh. manifold, bolt the EGR onto the intake arm and go take the test. If you have a chip w/ disabled EGR, it should kill that code you are getting. Do you have a chip? I cant remember....

Comment

He does but not with the EGR disabled. One of these years he will send it back:P
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Oh, ok. Well, there ya go John! Send it back, get that bitch disabled, and kiss the code buh-bye!

Comment

Well duh I have to send it back to get it disabled eventually (the ses does get annoying!)... BUT... if theyre plugging into the diagnostic port to test my car I think it will be looking for an egr :P

Regardless, the stock chip is going back in for the E test... wouldnt want lean cruise kicking in on the damn test!

I'm thinking I may just go the route of puting a blockoff plate and then somehow bolting the 91 egr to the manifold (even tho the bolt holes dont line up) what I need to know is... when the egr 'opens' the valves do they move up into the egr? or down into the manifold? If down, then this cant work cause theyre gonna hit metal. I'll give that fiero site a look tho.

Ya someday I gotta send that chip back hehe. You gotta understand its hard to let go of though considering the car drives like ass with the stocker. I'll be sending the chip back when I pull the car off the road for the winter.

on another note... goin home for a few hours today to hopefully fix my 3.1. I'm really hoping I'm a jackass and its the fuel filter on backwards (I just put it in the way it was clipped in the bracket but didnt check if the filter was clipped into the bracket the right direction!). If not the spare ignition module and coilpacks are going in. If that doesnt work, I'm adding collision and driving this thing into a wall. lol.

-john
            1991 Grand Prix GTP LX9swap/Getrag 284 --- SOLD =(
            1994 Corvette
            LT1/ZF6
            2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4
            3.7/42RLE

Comment

Working...
            X