Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone hear of the 3.4dohc having 275hp originally?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.60 over isnt even going to do that much besides get you right up to the edge of the safe/not safe point
    i went .40 on my 3.1 rebuild and thats what i suggest to anyone that is going to do an over bore on a 660
    that way incase something happens you dont have to get a new block
    I Like V660s
    Does Chevy make beer
    ~Jayme~

Comment

Originally posted by TheProfessor
      .60 over isnt even going to do that much besides get you right up to the edge of the safe/not safe point
      i went .40 on my 3.1 rebuild and thats what i suggest to anyone that is going to do an over bore on a 660
      that way incase something happens you dont have to get a new block
      GM says that .060 is safe, and .070 is entering risky. And if I know GM and their issues with warrenties, I'd say them calling .060 safe is really safe, and them calling .070 risky isn't really risky, but more they wouldn't back it up. But then again, who knew that the 2.2 ecotec could handle over a 300 shot of nitrous before running into ANY problems? Yet I bet GM would say a 50 shot is risky.

Comment

This is a prototype Fiero built between 1986-1987. This is the engine. It is rumored to be a 3.2L. Interestingly, MANY of the features that this car exhibits were used on cars built 5-7 years later. The intstrument cluster became the 94-95 Firebirds. We all know what happened to the engine...

Comment

Someone needs to contact "Mythbusters"!
          If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
          sigpic

Comment

hell yeah now thats what im saying
            I Like V660s
            Does Chevy make beer
            ~Jayme~

Comment

Since we're talking about rare cars... did anyone see that "modern" El Camino they did using a Z34 body and chopping the roof and clearing the trunk out, basically making a truck bed?

I remember seeing it a while back... don't remember where though.

Also, that pic is of the 1990 concept, isn't it? It was at the Fiero 20th anniversary meet earlier this year I believe.

You can dig up all kinds of pics of it on Pennocks.
              --Rob
              Currently attending Wyotech, Fremont, CA. Start Date: 1.24.05. Grad. Date: 4.21.06
              1992 Chevy Lumina Z34 5 Speed FOR SALE $1400 AS IS RUNS WELL

Comment

I may as well start the rumor now about the prototype X-11 that had 250HP It was a chip and exhaust upgrade over stock. The factory didn't want it killing Corvette sales, so it was quietly destroyed.

Marty
                '99 Z-28 - Weekend Driver
                '98 Dodge Neon - Winter Beater
                '84 X-11 - Time and Money Pit
                '88 Fiero Formula - Bone stock for now

Quote of the week:
                Originally posted by Aaron
                This is why I don't build crappy headers. I'm not sure, I don't know too much about welding.

Comment

hahaha, yeah, its always the chip, and something else:P Yes, that was 89-90, not 85-86 cause the engine was either not though of, or very early stages of prototypes.
                  Ben
                  60DegreeV6.com
                  WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by blk92z34getrag
                    Since we're talking about rare cars... did anyone see that "modern" El Camino they did using a Z34 body and chopping the roof and clearing the trunk out, basically making a truck bed?
                    That think was ugly as shit, it looked like a chop top minivan...

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron
                      Originally posted by blk92z34getrag
                      That think was ugly as shit, it looked like a chop top minivan...
                      But..it is somebodies passion. I've seen people proud of making a Limo out of a Pacer! But, this thread has gotten way off track. Seems like every newbie that joins, (Including myself), finds the same site about the 275 HP, 3.4. I was SO excited! Only to have my hopes dashed against the rocks.
                      If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well... don't worry guys. When I'm a millionaire I'll have 40 sets of cams made with different specs, just to play with, and I'll figure out how to get 100HP/L out of our engines.

I won't trade my Z34 in for a Mclaren F1... ... I swear...

--Rob
                        Currently attending Wyotech, Fremont, CA. Start Date: 1.24.05. Grad. Date: 4.21.06
                        1992 Chevy Lumina Z34 5 Speed FOR SALE $1400 AS IS RUNS WELL

Comment

Yeah me too. Heres the site. Is the 3.4 DOHC really a "hemi" though? http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/34Performance/dohc.html
                          1992 Lumina Z34
                          5 Speed
                          Autozone civic intake
                          Ultra White lights
                          FFP Dogbone mount
                          125k miles
                          2.5 inch Magnaflow catback from Magnaflow cat
                          60degreeV6.com Custom Chip

Comment

Its a hemi head design. Dodge just owns the hemi name but they don't own the design.
                            Ben
                            60DegreeV6.com
                            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

i was under the impression that all or at least most DOHC motors have hemispherical combustion chambers
                              I Like V660s
                              Does Chevy make beer
                              ~Jayme~

Comment

thanks.

1992 Lumina Z34
                                5 Speed
                                Autozone civic intake
                                Ultra White lights
                                FFP Dogbone mount
                                125k miles
                                2.5 inch Magnaflow catback from Magnaflow cat