Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone hear of the 3.4dohc having 275hp originally?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Aaron is not supposed to be posting, and insulting aaron is a way for you to not allowed to be posting as well. Insults are not needed, but a list of mods would be good. Until then, ill keep the comments on that "sheet" to myself.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by sappyse107
        Aaron is not supposed to be posting, and insulting aaron is a way for you to not allowed to be posting as well. Insults are not needed, but a list of mods would be good. Until then, ill keep the comments on that "sheet" to myself.
        Fair enough sappy, I'm about done defending myself on this matter. I even went as far as have the dyno shop explain why the graph looks as it does but it seems as though I am greeted here and elsewhere with doubt.

My car goes in for the engine swap the second weekend of June, durring this time the tranny is being rebuilt and I have to have my flywheel balanced to match that of the flexplate because the engine was balanced when being rebuilt. This will take about a week, so, I will not make any more posts until after the car is done. The post will contain dyno sheets, a video (as it seems it is required) and a list of mods. This has been going on for over 2 years now and I am not excited about getting it done anymore - just relieved.

Kevin.
        sigpic
        Z34 red, auto, written of by a red light runner.
        Z34 white, 5 speed, stored in Canada
        Mercedes-Benz C20K, Dubai
        Mercedes-Benz CLK500 AMG, Dubai

Comment

Originally posted by TheProfessor
          thats kinda like the quad 4 that they tuned the shit out of and got like 1000hp out of it
          im sure that badboy didnt last more than a couple of minutes
          Every hear of the Aerotech...engine has to last a lot longer than a couple of minutes to break records.
          67 Olds Cutlass 2bbl 330 w/ 2 speed Jetaway

Comment

You didnt tell me your mods to hit 225 at the wheels. My comments on your insults have nothing to do with believing you. The dyno sheet looks fake, the torque curve is not natural of this motor, and you aren't sharing useful info. I read your mods on the cardomain site, and they aren't giving you 225 at the wheels which is why I asked what you had done on that dyno sheet.

No one here other than aaron is attacking your dyno, but if you are going to act like we are being unreasonable, no one is going to accept your claim.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I'm still waiting for a reply. I was excited to hear of a N/A LQ1 with 225 at the wheels but now i'm depressed. So if you, Kevwood, are going to back up your claims and post mods please do so or say you aren't because No answer is an answer IMHO.

Comment

Give him time. He isn't going to be sharing a whole lot at the moment (ive been talking to him via email). I will say things sound legit but yeah, we will have results soon enough.
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Just for your alls knowledge the 90 prototype was not built with the 3.2 dohc. It was built with a stock 2.8 engine that came in the fiero and was later redone with the 3.2.

Chris

Comment

sigpic
                    Z34 red, auto, written of by a red light runner.
                    Z34 white, 5 speed, stored in Canada
                    Mercedes-Benz C20K, Dubai
                    Mercedes-Benz CLK500 AMG, Dubai

Comment

0wned. I think I banned him again anyway so he may not reply:P
                      Ben
                      60DegreeV6.com
                      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

So it looks as if 275 is attainable and more......Yeah Kenwood.

If we only had the cams and headers.
                        95 MC Z34 Black
                        Running strong with new engine, transmission, brakes and suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by napatiger
                          So it looks as if 275 is attainable and more......Yeah Kenwood.

If we only had the cams and headers.
                          I might be out of my leauge here but I found headers for 96-97's

Also how do you get Kevwood's link to work?

Jason

96 GTP 5 speed

Comment

It wont cause we just changed our software setup.

I copied the t= part and put it in where its normally p= now
                            Ben
                            60DegreeV6.com
                            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Had a conversation with an engineer who had some insight as to how this engine may have had more power in testing and prototype then it does in actual production...

He's worked as an engineer working on aftermarket products (mostly headers) and one of the things that GM may have done while testing this engine is use headers on the engine test stand, along with a tunable intake (meaning they can change the runner lengths without much effort) to get the max horsepower/tq along with the the ease of changing cam timing this too can help with some of the power gains/losses ... I think we can see some of this in the the production engines with the fact that the cam gears are not key'd for any one location and have a full 360* of adjustability.

To me, this makes sense, if you were to have tuned headers to increase the scavenging effect, and be able to tune the intake manifold to match those headers, and then set the cams and tune the program for a given RPM range, you could get GOBS of power, do I think they did this, well yeah, GM, Ford, Mopar, all these companies start out making as much power out of engines as they can, and they dial 'em back from there for both reliability and cost of engineering all the parts to fit 'round it, such as the transmissions, engine cradle, engine mounts, axels, bearings, and so much more.

Remember, when you start adding power, you'll break more then just your transmission, you'll break all sorts of things, now imagine if you had to re-engineer all these other things to make it work right ... Cost would tower over projected sales, so a balance has to be made.

do I think we can get these kinds of numbers (on an engine dyno) sure, why couldn't we. There's a combined knowledge of automobiles on this site, and really, we're all here to help one an other out -

--Dave.
                              Dave ... Dave.45 ... DaveFromColorado ... it\'s all me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave
                                Had a conversation with an engineer who had some insight as to how this engine may have had more power in testing and prototype then it does in actual production...

He's worked as an engineer working on aftermarket products (mostly headers) and one of the things that GM may have done while testing this engine is use headers on the engine test stand, along with a tunable intake (meaning they can change the runner lengths without much effort) to get the max horsepower/tq along with the the ease of changing cam timing this too can help with some of the power gains/losses ... I think we can see some of this in the the production engines with the fact that the cam gears are not key'd for any one location and have a full 360* of adjustability.

To me, this makes sense, if you were to have tuned headers to increase the scavenging effect, and be able to tune the intake manifold to match those headers, and then set the cams and tune the program for a given RPM range, you could get GOBS of power, do I think they did this, well yeah, GM, Ford, Mopar, all these companies start out making as much power out of engines as they can, and they dial 'em back from there for both reliability and cost of engineering all the parts to fit 'round it, such as the transmissions, engine cradle, engine mounts, axels, bearings, and so much more.

Remember, when you start adding power, you'll break more then just your transmission, you'll break all sorts of things, now imagine if you had to re-engineer all these other things to make it work right ... Cost would tower over projected sales, so a balance has to be made.

do I think we can get these kinds of numbers (on an engine dyno) sure, why couldn't we. There's a combined knowledge of automobiles on this site, and really, we're all here to help one an other out -

--Dave.
                                Damn, that was pretty much the best way to some the title of this thread and this board up.

1992 Lumina Z34 | 3.4L 207ci DOHC 60º V6; Getrag 284 |
                                1994 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP | 3.4L 207ci DOHC 60º V6; Hydra-Matic 4T60E |

Comment

Working...
                                X