No announcement yet.

finally...pictures of my 3.4 polishing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally...pictures of my 3.4 polishing!

from before:

to after:

tell me what you think!

Blingy!

(in a good way)
    60v6's original Jon M.

Comment

MMMmmmm...sweet.
      If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
      sigpic

Comment

That looks a lot better than most I've seen. I normally don't liek them polished, but that looks really good IMO. How often do you have to repolish them?

Comment

thanks everyone for the compliments. it was a serious program of time consumption. i think mine turned out better than most because instead of using just aluminum polish out of a can...i took a different route.

i did the whole sandpaper routine first. then i used black rouge 3x, brown rouge 3x, then white rouge 4x.

i havent had to redo the polishing yet (has been done for about 3 weeks now) even with rain droplets hitting it. the compound acts like a wax and water just beads off. BUT...some spots stay and leave little deposit marks. if i wipe them off after driving in the rain...all good, otherwise...like today...i just did a quick quite rouge touchup.

Comment

Well I didn't want to know about water hitting it, more about how long the polish stays 'polished' until it dulls out and needs re-polishing.

Comment

That looks really good.

Aaron you usually have to repolish the parts every few weeks or they get dull quick, and if you leave without repolishing them you have to recut the surface and then rebuff and polish it again. I dont want to get into how many times ive repolished my fucking plenum and valve covers.
              Colin
              92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
              90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

Comment

Exactly what I didn't want to hear. I want to polish like my entire new motor, the heads, cam towers, and valve covers. But I don't want to repolish them every 2 weeks. I've read about some sealers, and I may consider them, they allow a polished surface to stay polished for a long time.

Comment

i used high temp clearcoat on my valve covers.
                  The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

Comment

And do you have to repolish them at all? If so how often?

Comment

Has anyone hear of Zoop-Seal. Its supposed to seal polished aluminum for up to 2 years , so that all u have to do is wash it off.
                      1991 Lumina Z34 - http://members.sounddomain.com/lcmbear77
                      1979 El camino (Faster of the two)
                      FFP Stuff (chip, D Bone, UD pulley)
                      Custom STB,WAI with K&N, Full Catback with Dual Magnaflows and Rative tips, 3k stall and 3.73 gearing coming soon

Comment

mine have been left alone for 3 weeks. i just wipe water spots off.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ77
                          Has anyone hear of Zoop-Seal. Its supposed to seal polished aluminum for up to 2 years , so that all u have to do is wash it off.
                          Yeah I'd like to get some actually. Ive seen it before. looks like good stuff.
                          Colin
                          92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
                          90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

Comment

Aaron said:
                            And do you have to repolish them at all? If so how often?
                            it has been good so(about 2 months) far but it is rated to 250 i don't believe it can stand up to your heads.

edit: just finished mine 20 min ago. which will go good with the rest of the motor(IMO anyways).
                            The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

Comment

Bling Bling - WOW
                              "Alright, they're 10's, I keep em clean though."
                              Stan
                              1994 White Cutlass Supreme Convertible 3.4 DOHC
                              Add Ons: Overhead Display, Digital Dash, Trip Computer

Comment

Working...
                              X