Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

95 Monte Carlo 3.4 Dohc... Swap with..???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 Monte Carlo 3.4 Dohc... Swap with..???

I have a 1995 Monte Carlo and i need a replacement engine....can you PLEASE help me? I dont really know how to find one...i am in southern california..or if there is ANY other engine that would fit my 95 Monte Carlo...without having to swap the tranny too!
    PLEASE, If you know your STUFF, Email me at chuckd1219@aol.com
    Thanks
    Chuck

RE: 95 Monte Carlo 3.4 Dohc... Swap with..???

Got your email, but this is faster You can use a 94-95, maybe even 96-97 3.4 DOHC. THe 96-97 would require you to change the downpipe for the next exhaust manifolds, so its a little more involved. A 3100/3400 from 94-99 would drop right in with the use of an EGR adapter as well, but the ECM will need to either be reprogrammed, or the ECM replaced with one for the pushrod. Your stock computer has a removable memcal, and the 3100/3400 are all flash type. Just means your stock computer could be retuned without too much hassle. The stock DOHC MAF sensor could be reused with the pushrod as well if you use the stock ECM. Anyway, thats about half the details on the pushrod swap but I figured it post a little more than just what engines you can use. You can also use a 3800 if you wish, but its not a 60V6 and im not the most knowledgable on that type of swap.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
    X