Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOHC 91-93 <--?!?!?--> DOHC 94

Hi :P
    Why when check a ship or whatever for my GTP, all post stop at 3.4 DOHC 91 to 93

I have a GTP 1994 and I would like know, what is the difference between this years

Thank's
    Sorry for my Bad English, I talk French, Thank's for your comprehension !

Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 1994 V6 3.4L DOHC
    Swaped Manual 5spd HM-284 http://www.cardomain.com/id/elsunfire

RE: DOHC 91-93 &lt;--?!?!?--&gt; DOHC 94

The 94 engines introduced SFI. So, there is a 24x crank sensor behind the dampener, and a cam sensor on the front intake cam. It also uses MAF, but you can make a 91-93 engine work just fine with the 94 MAF sensor. If you are looking for a new motor, you can get any 91-95, and swap whatever parts are needed off your current motor.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Ho thank's sappyse107 !

My project for this spring is to put a manal tranny in my GTP 1994, and my donor car is a Z34 DOHC 1992, it's a 'bolt-on' for tranny and the rest of pieces. ? (pedal, shift knob, etc..) ?

Thank's and Good Bye !

Comment

You will need to pull the dash out and remove a plate in the firewall. For 94+, you will have a brace under the dash that is in the way of a clutch pedal. You will also need the pedal mount from the z34, so you may as well use the entire part with the pedals still attached. Everything pretty much lines right up in the engine bay I believe for 94, other than the brake booster. You will need the 91-93 version for that to clear the hydraulic resevoir for the clutch. Also, you will need to change the chip out of the computer so that it is going to know that there is no auto trans in there.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

hummm.. ok, but for the chip... I take a chip from my Z34 1992 for to put in my GTP 1994 ? .. surely not... humm it's my bugg, the electronic for this swap ... autom tranny to manual tranny

in mechanical ... no problem , but with electronic .... humm ....

Big thank's sappyse107 m

Comment

You can't use the 92 chip. I think you will be ok using the stock computer setup as far as driving goes. Its just going to throw a service engine soon light. I may be able to help you out though if you don't want to deal with the light. I wouldn't let it stop you, thats for sure. You will need to wire up the manual trans a bit different but I think that is only 3-4 wire difference for the trans wiring.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

ho ! ok !

Is only the engine light turn on...
              but if I put a FFP chip ? this is the best to do ?
              or It don't have a FFP chip for a 3.4L DOHC 1994 manual ...

thank's

Comment

Technically, they aren't FFP chips anymore:P I don't have anything for the 94-95 right now though I may be able to do just the 5 speed change. I won't be tuning a 94-95 car until the weather gets better.
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I can't wait for the 95/auto chip. Makes me feel giddy
                  95 MC Z34 Black
                  Running strong with new engine, transmission, brakes and suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by sappyse107
                    Technically, they aren't FFP chips anymore:P I don't have anything for the 94-95 right now though I may be able to do just the 5 speed change. I won't be tuning a 94-95 car until the weather gets better.
                    So there is hope for us after all!
                    \"If it\'s not fast, make it look stupid!\"

Comment

The GTP's interior is also redesigned. It has a new dash, center console, door panels, etc. The electrical is redone as well, all the controls are better layed out. The HUD, DIC and stereo are better and simpler to use. The 94's got better designed more reliable disc brakes as well. Plus, a much better looking front bumper. Oh, and the engine compartment is slightly less crowded too. Oh, and it got a few cup holders as well. Thought I'd throw that in.

Lyle

Comment

Lol yaa ! :P that's great :P
                        Thank'S all !

Now, I will wait spring to be able to make my swap, at present it
                        make -26°C outside and my GTP is below 3 feet of snow and ice on 4 blocks.... It's looongg!!

If you have another specifications for my swap ! :P I don't say no ! :P

Comment

Working...
                        X