cheap cold air intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap cold air intake

ive found out that the honda civic cold air intake that you can get at any autozone for around $40 will fit our cars perfectly if you cut about 3 inches off the end. they are in a orange package and have sone stupid writing on it. i got mine off a friend for $5 including air filter. ill post pics if anyones intrested.
    92 Lumina euro 3.4 DOHC 139,XXX miles

Our cars? I doubt it... Might fit a couple. I'd like to see the pics.
    If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
    sigpic

Comment

It works, I did it to mine last summer. Just get that, one of the rubber connecter things, and a K&N cone filter, works just fine.
      1993 Lumina Z34 - Broke Yet Again
      What the flip Uncle Rico!?!

Comment

91 GTP HM-284 GONE
        96 Special Edition LQ1/4T60E GONE

98 Spawn of Satan (L67 Regal)
        87 V10 SM-465/Mild 350
        06 Cobalt SS/SC GONE

Comment

So where does the "Cold" air come from? Surely not from under the hood.
          If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
          sigpic

Comment

heres some pics. i know its not a real cold air intake but its better tham stock and sounds much better. im gonna try and build a heat shield to keep it cool. if the pics dont work ill try again, im not quite sure how to post pics
            [img]C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\My Ride\dsc182[/img]
            [img]C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\My Ride\dsc183[/img]
            [img]C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\My Ride\dsc185[/img]

Comment

i think i got it this time, sorry the pics arnt the best but it gives the general idea.

Comment

you guys should try building some sort of a box to keep the heat out. I know when I had a set up like that on my GP, beit a 3.1 it ran like shit.
                I wish 10% of the people on the road knew how to drive

Comment

All and all, how long did it take you to remove the stock box and replace with the new intake? I am thinking about doing this but am not very mechanicaly inclined. Do you have to drill any holes or anything of that sort. And will it increase any performance on a stock car.Thanks.

Kyle

P.S. Is that a Lumina Z34 in the pics?
                  1992 Lumina Z34
                  5 Speed
                  Autozone civic intake
                  Ultra White lights
                  FFP Dogbone mount
                  125k miles
                  2.5 inch Magnaflow catback from Magnaflow cat
                  60degreeV6.com Custom Chip

Comment

it'll take 30-45 min. to do. you have to cut about 3-4 inches off the long end and drill a hole for the Intake Air Temp. sensor. fairly stright forward. seems to give mabey 5-8 seat of pants HP. also give it a real good sound under acceleration.

And its a 92 EURO 3.4

Comment

That is simply a cone filter. There is no "Cold" air involved. Cold air comes from outside the engine compartment.
                      sigpic

Comment

Is this that sensor? How large do you think the hole is? Thanks again.

Kyle
                        1992 Lumina Z34
                        5 Speed
                        Autozone civic intake
                        Ultra White lights
                        FFP Dogbone mount
                        125k miles

Comment

its the sensor on the back driver side of the origonal air box. i put on the bottom of the tube near the filter. and like i said before i know its not a true cold air intake but im going to build a heat sheild along the bottom and engine side to keep it cooler. there are also other things to keep in mind. like the less restriction, and less turbulance. still a fairly good upgrade for the price. look one up on www.rsmracing.com big price difference for basically the same thing.

Comment

Thanks

Kyle
                            1992 Lumina Z34
                            5 Speed
                            Autozone civic intake
                            Ultra White lights
                            FFP Dogbone mount
                            125k miles

Comment

that hose you circled was to connect the plastic tube that used to plug in the top of the intake tube to the existing fitting on the new intake.

Comment

Working...
                              X