• Show
Clear All

where do I send it?
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by dohcfiend
      talked to the guy. he is using a superflow 600 flowbench. as far as setup he will use a tube matched to the stock cyinder bore for testing.

i will start accepting the $$ now and after i get it all in. i will have the heads tested the following week.

my paypal is rhavasi@hotmail.com and it is a personal account so no credit cards.

also i will post up who exactly has paid and whatnot. time to "get r done"

p.s. if any1 has an extra stock set of 91-93 heads that i could borrow id also like to test the 2 on equal playing grounds as well.
      1997 Z34 Monte,: testing 4 exh cam\'s, RSM STB, K&N, Eagle077 245/40/ZR18 Nitto Extreme
      1972 3/4 ton 4X4 longbed, built 350, 400 auto, 6\" spring lift, 35\" AT/BFG\'s, dana 60 front axle, 14 bolt gm w/detroit locker 4.56 gears. My ricer smasher

Comment

Thanks, taken care of now
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

ok got one from old school gp and ben i will try to have some1 drop it off monday, otherwise i will drop it off saturday.
          The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

Comment

Any updates?
            1997 Z34 Monte,: testing 4 exh cam\'s, RSM STB, K&N, Eagle077 245/40/ZR18 Nitto Extreme
            1972 3/4 ton 4X4 longbed, built 350, 400 auto, 6\" spring lift, 35\" AT/BFG\'s, dana 60 front axle, 14 bolt gm w/detroit locker 4.56 gears. My ricer smasher

Comment

ya none good though. machinist is saying next week now. i have always ran into this when dealing with machinist and fabricators. their perception of time must be different than every1 else's.

Comment

UPDATE: ii have not heard anything from the shop yet. i plan on calling them tomorrow and i will have a new eta. which is probably worthless but i will try.

Comment

UPDATE: i talked to the machinist today. he is saying monday now. had some extra work being done on the heads as well as the flowbenching. he said a few of the valveguides have dropped(whatever that means) and i am going to have them all replaced.

on the flowbench he has a set of ford 4 valve heads too and he is waiting for an attachment for the flowbench b/c as of now he is unable to test 4 valve heads until he puts the "bridge" on there to allow him to open both valves at once.

Comment

UPDATE: i didn't get off work in time to call the guy, so i will call tomorrow morning be4 i go in.

Comment

well talked to the machinist today be4 work. he is done with the flowbenching al i have to do is arrange pickup.

i did however get him to tell me the important numbers over the phone.

I E
                      200 170 124
                      300 196 160
                      400 252 185

so in going off the numbers that dmotorsports gave be4 the 91-95 outflow the 96-97 on intake but the 96-97 outflow the 91-95 on exhaust(at 400 which doesn't mean shit ) here that are from a 91-95 that are different than the other guy's but at least there is a reference to draw from on the 96-97 heads now.

the machinist also said his flowbench is "stingy" he also remarked that at 200 i/e was 72.9%, 300 i was 81.6% and 400 it was 71.4%.

he remarked that 70% is the "magic number" as far as percentage of exhaust flow vs intake flow. he is now really hyped about working on these heads (which is granted if he wants to make dough) at first he was like "ehh....v6 heads? i'll check them out but i don't know about porting them etc...."

now he wants me to find a junk 96-97 set to cut them up for a cross section. he also wants me to bring him my intake and exhaust manifolds to look at them.

he also made comments about "not necessarily changing valve diameter but the shape" that shit sounds a little too expensive for me.

also commenting about cam timing changes. he said "alot of lift isn't needed, maybe .420" i briefly mentioned to him about the whole interference situation. i really need to actually sit down and talk with him and get some of the things he spouts down on paper.

in closing i believe at least 2 more flowbench test may be necessary on different benches/different set of 96-97 heads to get some real data going.

based on the few quotes i gave, what do u guys think of the machinist? does he sound credibile or just trying to seperate me from my $$$?

p.s. thanx in advance for the advice and for the donations. after i pick up the chart or whatever flowbenches spit out, i will post it.

Comment

the only numbers you got were .2 .3. and .4 lift?
                        Ben
                        60DegreeV6.com
                        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

that is all i wrote down when i was on the phone with him. i hope he has a chart or something for me when i pick the heads up.

Comment

Working...
                          X