HELP MEE PLEASE !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP MEE PLEASE !!!!

ok well i got the car put back together for the most part dont have and coolant in her yet but i started her up to make sure she ran and well fist of all she idles and 3g's............ and i hear some lifter tap......... if i was off a degree or 2 for the cams would that do this and........... also i think i got my timing belt too tight bought over all it all sounds good the car sounds like it has a cam in it i dont want to put it in gear while idling and 3 grand and also what will it do when i reach 6 or 7 grand........ i burped it up too the rev limiter (4 grand) and it held to gether i just hear some lifter tap bought its not over my intake unless u put your up too the valve cover....well ..... tell me if u know anything please dont want too blow her up just yet lol jk

RE: HELP MEE PLEASE !!!!

Get some coolant in there before you ever start it up again. Check all your vacuum lines for a vacuum leak. The lifter noise is normal after you tear the motor down...the oil is out of the lifters and you need it to run for a good 5 minutes minimum to get them back in shape.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

ok well if that takes care of the lifters what about the idle i started it up
      and it was find then shutdown
      started up and it was like vroooom 3 grand

Comment

How long was it at 3k? If the IAC gets confused as hell, I could see it starting there for a second but it should start moving down within a few seconds. Also, there could be a vacuum leak somewhere, but if you started it once and it was fine, and then started it up a second time and it was there, I dunno about a leak.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

just curious if u knew whre the iac is isnt it behind the tb

Comment

sorry to repost but remember when u told me too just nuge the tensioner
            back a litte well i think iv'e done it too much just curious what could happen if i had the time belt too tight thanks....greg

Comment

Well, im gonna just guess that its longevity is gonna be severly compromised in proportion to just how tight you went on it. You need to take the lock rings out and pull the tensioner and tensioner pulley out to reset them, unless someone else has a better idea.
              Ben
              60DegreeV6.com
              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

My experiance's with T-belts if you get them to tight the whine like a blower belt. At that point there way to tight.
                1997 Z34 Monte,: testing 4 exh cam\'s, RSM STB, K&N, Eagle077 245/40/ZR18 Nitto Extreme
                1972 3/4 ton 4X4 longbed, built 350, 400 auto, 6\" spring lift, 35\" AT/BFG\'s, dana 60 front axle, 14 bolt gm w/detroit locker 4.56 gears. My ricer smasher

Comment

yeah it sure wines that is for sure but do i have to take off the tensioner and redo it or what did u do in that situation

Comment

i have ran into this be4 and 9 out of 10 times it is a vacuum leak causing the high idle.

if it is a 96-97 try the donut gasket between the intake arm and the plenum, if it is a 91-95 assuming all your hoses are ok your lower intake gasket may be suspect. only other thing is there may be an off chance one of your injectors didn't seal properly. the way i had to "rig" up something was take a plastic lid punch a small hole in it and cover your tb up with it to get the idle down and attack it with a can of car cleaner.

overall maybe uninstall and re-install your lower/plenum etc.. and maybe the problem will reveal itself and maybe it won't.

p.s. double check your pcv connection under the lower intake.
                    The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

Comment

Working...
                    X