5 Star Cutlass Rims to Grand Prix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Star Cutlass Rims to Grand Prix

I took my stock 5 star wheels off my 93 Cutty and put them on my wife's 97 GP (the newer style). I did this because I am a little short on cash, and can't afford 4 tires now (The only way I buy them). Just a temporary solution for about a month or so.
    After putting them on, I noticed the wheels actually stick out about a 1/4" further then the original ones on her car. I'm not even sure if the gold honeycomb wheels on her car were stock (bought the car used). It seems to ride ok now, but don't want her driving down the road and have a wheel pop-off.
    My question is: Are these wheels compatible with each other?
    Stan
    1994 White Cutlass Supreme Convertible 3.4 DOHC
    Add Ons: Overhead Display, Digital Dash, Trip Computer

RE: 5 Star Cutlass Rims to Grand Prix

Yes.. The offset on Gen one Ws are larger than those of Gen 2s.. (I think.. Or I have it backward)

In order to use the newer style on a Gen 1, you need spacers.. She will be fine.. Handling will actually improve, IIRC..

90 Chevy Lumina: 3.1L V6; swapping out for TLQ1
    94 Cutty Supreme: 3100 V6
    Soon: Something new?

Comment

Yeah, looking at my Cutty, it looks a little odd from the rear, and it makes sense that you said it needs spacers. That takes a load off of my mind. I actually like my wheels on her car better. The gold wheels looked ghetto anyway. I'll leave them there now. I've been wanting to put some International Series Alloys on the 93 anyway. Since I don't drive it, I can afford to wait.

THANKS STEVE!!!!
      Stan
      1994 White Cutlass Supreme Convertible 3.4 DOHC
      Add Ons: Overhead Display, Digital Dash, Trip Computer

Comment

Working...
      X