Delete EGR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some cars don't even have a egr lol

i deleted mine, welded the hole shut in the manifold and poured jb weld into my intake manifold hole haha

but it works
    sigpic

1993 Cavalier Z24, 3.1/3400 hybrid, crane 272 cam, LS6 springs,port and polish,2.5 exhaust to 80 series flowmaster,solid mounts

Comment

yeah but i dont know how to disable the egr in the PCM. i know how to eliminate the ses codes but not the egr itself... cause its nowhere in spark, fuel or acc folders and deff not in trany. any hints for where its at in the Power tuner?

Comment

i know this is old, but has anyone gotten any new info on it? treat me like im a retard, what does an EGR do, and what will removing it do?

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

Originally posted by SofaKingWeToddDid View Post
          i know this is old, but has anyone gotten any new info on it? treat me like im a retard, what does an EGR do, and what will removing it do?
          EGR puts exhaust gases back into the intake to accomplish a few things:

lowers combustion temps to lower NoX levels
          allows for more spark advance

you know what, check wikipedia, theres a better explanation there...

as far as deleting it, ben was working on a 2E .ECU a little while ago, so he might be able to do it.
          1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
          Latest nAst1 files here!
          Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

well, im not sure i want to. im just curious what it does so far. ive heard theres a few things like this a guy can delete. if i do, it will probably just be to make the motor look more 'clean'

Comment

i would keep it if you're in an emissions state, if you don't it will be harder to pass smog tests unless you've got a VERY good tune.

i think ben has done a few TGP chips that disabled the EGR and it still passed, the backpressure from the turbo is kind of a EGR in that it keeps more spent exhaust gases in the cylinder.
              1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
              Latest nAst1 files here!
              Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

the only emissions test i care about is when i go to the mechanics to see how my car is running. lol so far its burning rich. but thats a whole 'nother story.

Comment

I live in a city with NO emissions to pass. I'm deleting my EGR. Enough said.
                  sigpic1993 Pontiac Grand Prix SE, 3.4L DOHC 24 Valve V6 MFPI, 5 speed, completely stock, bucket on a budget!

Comment

Working...
                  X