any1 looking for DOHC timing tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello guys

I do not have my cutlass any longer. I will be putting my cam tool on ebay tonight. It one of the original black tools. I bought it about 3 or so years ago, but i cannot find the hold down bolt. other than that is is perfect.

I will list it as

"3.4 DOHC Cam Tool Chevy Oldsmobile Pontiac"

thanks
    steve

Comment

• Hello Again

Any update on availability of Cam Timing Tool?

Thanks,

BMFH

Comment

• Just a note, it cost $35 to have a machinist make me 2 steel bars with bolt holes in them to be able to do stock timing. I just measured what would fit, made a 3-d hand drawn drawing on some graph paper, told him surfaces had to be +/- .003" tolerance to square, and picked them up 2 days later. He did them in his basement with his bridgeport, he's retired. How he got a bridgeport in his basement is beyond me.

Also, TBH, dropping that motor on the ground, by unbolting the subframe, and jacking the car up, then attaching a degree wheel and doing it with meters wasn't very hard or time consuming, and I know the job was done right, and I know EXACTLY what my advance and retard is.
        sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
        A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
        Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
        Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
        PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

Comment

• if all you need is stock timing, you can accomplish that with a square piece of keystock with a hole drilled in it.
          The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

Comment

Working...
          X