Oil Leak :pissedoff: :pissedoff:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Leak :pissedoff: :pissedoff:

Ok I had a coolant/oil leak so this past weekend I tore down the engine to replace the LIM, Plenum, Cam Cover gaskets (felpro) and while I was there I also RVT'd the Oil Distributor (think thats what it's called) and I still have a little bit of oil leak (aprox. 1/4 litre since sunday) so where else could it be leaking from and how hard is it to fix

TIA

Marc

Make sure your silicone is working. I tried fixing my oil pump drive o ring without pulling the rear head, only to make it worse. I do it right now and pull the rear head and install a new hi temp (brown) o ring. That is probably your issue.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Ok I will check that tommorrow anything else it could be ???

Comment

It could be anything that seals the oil in really but the oil pump drive o ring is the most common to leak oil.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

you need to make a visual inspection to see where it is coming from or at least which area.

top, bottom, front or back??

if you want me to, i guess i can guess for you. front or rear main seal on the oil pan gasket or the gasket itself the dipstick, drainplug, perhaps you didn't screw the oil filter on tight enough, valve cover gasket, dist plug, crank sensor, cam carrier gasket and head gasket itself are all i can think of at the moment. good luck.
          Last edited by dohcfiend; 05-10-2007, 09:54 PM.
          The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

Comment

Working...
          X