Stupidist Question of All time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupidist Question of All time!

the 1994 z34 is OBD1 correct? If not what is it? Neither code readers will work in the data port. When I do the On Board SES light flicker thingy it doesn't even work if I jump the connectors like the Haynes manual tells me to.. whats the deal here?

Its OBD1 with some OBD2 parts in it.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

if it makes you feel better that is not the stupidest question i have ever heard. i think the mymonte site has the dumbest lq1 questions i have ever read. one in particular was one guy asked where the wp pulley was iirc.
      The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

Comment

Okay my next question is... How come my OBD I code reader isn't working? Do the data terminals in this car get messed up? How do I check for that and how do I fix them?

Comment

You dont use an obd 2 scanner. You need a gm plug and you can pull up all the info needed, ex, ses codes

WWW.OverKillEngineeringMotorsports.com

Comment

no, the stupidest question ever was this:
            GM engineer: "do you think we should try something different and make not an OBD1 computer or an OBD2 but... OBD1.5!?

the rest is history
            1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
            Latest nAst1 files here!
            Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

I am using a OBD 1 scanner, it has a couple of prongs on it a switch to go from OBD to ABS and it says it will work on my vehicle, but when I click the key once forward, all the SES light does is stay on. at a constant.

Comment

I even tried jumping the side by side terminals on the data port under the dash with a piece of speaker wire (like the hanes manual says to do) and the SES light just sat there with thumb in the but!

Comment

I have a 95 in which I have the OBD 1.5.

I bought a Actron Scanner that reads OBDI and OBDII and I just use the OBDI connector to read the codes from the car.

OBDI you can use a paper clip, but with the OBD 1.5 you cannot use a paper clip. Have to use a scanner. I tried taking my car to Autozone and they don't have the equip. to read our cars neither.

Comment

i have a dated autoxray scanner and it works fine on all the obd1 gm cars.
                    The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

Comment

Autoxray works great mine also.

There are no stupid questions.
                      Getaway cars:
                      1986 Fiero SE | 2.0 OHC Turbo/Intercooled | MT2 5 Speed - 1994 Dodge Stealth | 6G72 SOHC 12v | F4a33 - 1999 Ford Windstar | 3.8 Essex | AX4S -1998 Lexus SC400 | 4.0 DOHC 1UZ | A650E

Comment

so what do I need to buy for my car?

Comment

Working...
                        X