3.4L DOHC Injector Spray Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4L DOHC Injector Spray Pattern

I have been looking all over for the 3.4 DOHC Spray Pattern pictures. I have it in a book somewhere that GM wrote, but I can't find it on the net.

Do the NorthStar and 3.4L DOHC share injectors? Same spray pattern?

Thanks!

I have my original sales brochure for my Grand Prix and it shows it and a bunch of 3.4 dohc stuff.
    1991 Grand Prix STE
    3.4 DOHC
    1 of 792 Produced
    Extensive Mods Done

1991 Lumina Z34
    3.4 DOHC
    Getrag 284 5spd
    1 of 30
    Canadian Z34 Models Made with the Getrag 5spd Wahoooo!

1980 GMC Sierra Classic C25 With 18,000 ORIGINAL MILES!!!!

sigpic

Comment

You don't HAVE to have injectors with a dual spray pattern, others work great too.
      1991 Grand Prix STE
      3.4 DOHC
      1 of 792 Produced
      Extensive Mods Done

1991 Lumina Z34
      3.4 DOHC
      Getrag 284 5spd
      1 of 30

sigpic

Comment

Can you scan those and upload them to the gallery if they don't exist yet? I don't know if I have seen the original sale brochure.

The spray pattern should be the same but others have used different without any known issues (other than perhaps lower efficiency?) Hard to know without some expensive testing equipment.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I use L67 injectors and I don't have any problems. I'm not sure it really matters if you have PFI, may make difference if you have SFI, but I haven't noticed one.
          I may own a GTO now, but I'm still a 60V6er at heart.

Comment

Doesn't the normal injectors spray hit the port wall between the intake valves?

I guess HC emissions would jump up if it was.

I'll try to find the book, but I don't have it handy, we are preparing for a move, so lots of boxed. But I'll dig around. It was written by a friend of my mom and dads who was a sr instructor at GM's tech school in St. Louis and GM published it for him. It has just good info on a lot of engines up to around 1994 or so. Just a handy reference book for technicians at the dealers.

Originally posted by HayesPerformance View Post
            You don't HAVE to have injectors with a dual spray pattern, others work great too.

Comment

Ya, Ben I have a bunch of MINT original W-body brochures, etc, etc of many years. I have a original break away key card that came new with the STE. I'll have to show you guys!!!!!
              1991 Grand Prix STE
              3.4 DOHC
              1 of 792 Produced
              Extensive Mods Done

1991 Lumina Z34
              3.4 DOHC
              Getrag 284 5spd
              1 of 30

sigpic

Comment

yeah im also runing L67 injectors on my 96 Z34. they work great! not sure of the patern, but the nozzels on the lq1 are kinda like ( : : ) where the L67 are more like ( :: ) the lq1 i believe offsets the ports on the injectors to aline with each valve opening.

if the l67 hurt my performance, i cant see it in my 1/4 times. the car runs great and from the data logs everything is runing great.

Comment

I didn't see this thread before, but there is a simular thread in general

I took a picture of the spray pattern for ya's

Comment

Working...
                  X