Tbelt...13* vs cam swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tbelt...13* vs cam swap?

Ok i know this has been asked before but we never really got any straight answers for the AUTO DOHC's

for AUTO tranys what has everyone done as for the timing mod? i know 13* is not recomended.

also i remember reading where someone swapped cams and was running exhaust cams on the intake or something like that... any word if this had positive results?

as for the timing mod, is there any intake exhaust cam overlap? either stock or with the timing mod? how close are the valves to hitting the piston with the new timing?

Im getting ready to do the Tbelt in a few months and lining up my options if there are a few ideas i could try them and data log the results with my tuner... it wont be as good as a dyno but deff will show a change in fuel trims and manifold pressure.

The setup that works best for AUTOs is the 6 and 6 degree timing change. I need to do some more research on this as my belt needs changing,,, SOON. I know one cam is +6 and the other is -6,,, at the moment not sure which is which.... The specs ARE on the site somewhere,,, a search should turn up something..... OR perhaps Ben will chime in, he's tested various timing set-ups and says the 6 and 6 timing works GREAT!!!! Don't know what that does to overlap tho.... I DO remember someone was messing with 2 exhaust cams.... Haven't heard about that for awhile,,, don't know if it worked or not... DOHCfiend and another had some cams custom ground.... Haven't heard how they worked out tho. For 4 cams I'd think it would be pretty expensive,,,, you'd really have to LOVE your car!!! My car needs things worse than to spend LOTs of money to go fast,,, right now... SOMEDAY!!!!
    Hope this helps some,
    Tom
    PS: The 6 and 6 works on 91---93 autos at least.... Some say the newer ones have one of the cams already advanced (or retarded) and that needs to be compinsated for.... I know it HAS been done on newer LQ1s......
    Last edited by walterdude; 07-12-2008, 03:58 PM.

Comment

advance 6 intake, retard 6 exhaust. This is 91-95. 96 has different cam timing and I don't remember exactly. Just compare the centerlines between them. 96 is posted on the site cause someone thought the 91 info was worth deleting.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
      X