1995 GP GTP Service Engine Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 GP GTP Service Engine Soon

How do I find out what the error code is on my obd1 system? None of the auto parts stores seem to have an obd1 error code scanner.
    Thanks

Originally posted by jayman10134 View Post
    How do I find out what the error code is on my obd1 system? None of the auto parts stores seem to have an obd1 error code scanner.
    Thanks
    There is a diagnostic port under the dash on the drivers side. On my OBD 1 GTP all you do is jumper the only two ports that actually have a connector. The key needs to be in the on position but not started. The fan should kick in and the ECM will enter diagnostic mode. The check engine light will flash once the pause then twice fast. that means code 12 which is telling you it is retreiving the codes. The codes will come and should repeat 3 times. ie 2 fast flashes a pause and then 3 fast flashes is is code 23. Check your book for the codes.
    1991 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP / 3.4 DOHC

Comment

His is a 95, and the pin jumping method for retreiving codes was removed in 94. You have a crappy year, and if none of the places have a reader, then you will probably have to go to a dealer.
      -Brad-
      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
      sigpic
      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

agreed. if your local parts store doesn't have a scan tool then contact your dealer or local mechanic. dealer will prob. be more $$ then a independant shop.
        Last edited by RedZMonte; 11-10-2008, 09:39 PM.
        Shane "RedZMonte"
        2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
        1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
        -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
        2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
        1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
        1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
        1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
        1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
        X