92 Lumina Z-34 5-speed - stalls with clutch in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 Lumina Z-34 5-speed - stalls with clutch in

We just put a new compressor in my car. It seems to start and run fine. However, when I push the clutch in to stop it keeps stalling out. I am assuming the computer needs to be reset. How can I do that?

Thanks,

Tom

i replied to your other post.. But i just suggested make sure the Crank position sensor wire didnt get pinched or something when the compressor got replaced... Did it do this before you replaced the AC compressor?

S
    Shane "RedZMonte"
    2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
    1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
    -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
    2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
    1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
    1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
    1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
    1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

I posted too. If it stalls even when sitting still when the clutch is pushed in, I would suspect worn thrust bearings in the engine. They keep the crank from walking front to back in the engine and can wear more in a manual car, mainly from pressure plate pressure being exerted on the crank. That's one reason you don't find me standing on the clutch when I'm stopped unless I'm about to take off. Well, that and it wears on the throw out bearing sitting on the clutch like that. It could be (I hope, for you and your pockets sake) a bad IAC.
      -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
      91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
      92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
      94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
      Originally posted by Jay Leno
      Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Working...
      X