where to buy god damn timing chains for a 2.8/3.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question : where to buy god damn timing chains for a 2.8/3.6

my friend has the classic stretched timing chain issue with his 2006 cts, and i cannot find a single place that sells the chains other than the dealer.
    \m/ Carlton \m/
    99 formula cam only 6.0, 440rwhp, 4500 stall, dana 60
    03 silverado hd
    sigpic

Originally posted by 873.1 View Post
    my friend has the classic stretched timing chain issue with his 2006 cts, and i cannot find a single place that sells the chains other than the dealer.
    Have a look at this link... I'm hopeful you'll find the Timing Chain you need there:

eBay Motors makes it easy to find parts for cars, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles & more. We even offer a massive selection of new & pre-owned classics, hot rods, exotics, vans, ATVs, RVs, boats and more at eBay Motors. Shop for your next vehicle, or start selling in a marketplace with 171 million buyers.
    Last edited by 60dgrzbelow0; 01-12-2011, 09:49 PM.

Comment

I believe there are 3 chains. a main chain, and then 2 secondary chains that run cam to cam on each bank. I have seen the secondary chain for about that price on ebay before so you may want to ask which it is. I am not aware of any aftermarket chains, and the GM set should be from a high quality manufacturer, especially if its reynolds in France (i think that is the name, they make the double rollers for cloyes).
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
        I believe there are 3 chains. a main chain, and then 2 secondary chains that run cam to cam on each bank. I have seen the secondary chain for about that price on ebay before so you may want to ask which it is. I am not aware of any aftermarket chains, and the GM set should be from a high quality manufacturer, especially if its reynolds in France (i think that is the name, they make the double rollers for cloyes).
        Interesting... a click on that image in the link I showed reads..."Made In France" on the plastic packaging ...so you might get lucky on getting at least some of the parts.

Comment

Say Ben...

This is OT here in DOHC...

Have a look at this Milodon "True Double Roller" Timing Set... Does this look like anything that would work in any of our NON-DOHC Roller-Lifter Roller Camshaft 660 or < applications? A Google search on this article header takes you to another site that sells them, too...

Last edited by 60dgrzbelow0; 02-26-2012, 05:49 AM.

Comment

wow rock auto didn't have it

96 Z34 3.4 SC DOHC Getrag, 284 5sd manual transmission, stage 3spec clutch, 97 engine, 97 pcm, S3 intercooler 1 of 1 Roots SC LQ1 in the world 8.5 psi.

Comment

Working...
            X