1996 Z34 performance build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Z34 performance build

My 1996 Monte Carlo Z34 will hopefully have it's brand new crate engine dropped in along with a rebuilt 4T60E by this summer. I would like to aim for 240-300 horses. Any LQ1 guys familiar with tuning these? Also, any ideas on how to build my 4T60E to handle the extra power? I've heard of the shot-peen process...anyone tried this?

DHP powrtuner can tune the car, I think HPtuners might as well but i would contact them to verify. you can find used DHP's for a couple hundred bux. They went out of business but there are plenty of guys on clubgp that know their way around it and can help. as for a 4T60-e build, do a search iirc 3400modified did a good post i followed when building mine... '96 should hav emost of the updated sprags/parts but you can get hardend parts and upgraded clutch packs (raybestos) from transtar or witt. no need to shot peen parts unless you are running way more power then most here will every do. im making 331hp to the weels on 7psi turbo... you will need boost or ALOT of custom work done to get NA. FYI everything is custom built, no "KITS" out there. search the forums and the boost section if you want to go boost for how to do it, its has been done a few times.

S
    Shane "RedZMonte"
    2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
    1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
    -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
    2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
    1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
    1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
    1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
    1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

i used a 97 monte PCM and hptuners. Shotpeen a trans?
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Thanks for the info. I've been contemplating a turbo, but I'm going to be daily driving this one...Have you had experience with building a short-runner intake? If so, any tips on that?

Comment

Nope, haven't done anything custom to it.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
          X