Where to get new cam.sprocket bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question : Where to get new cam.sprocket bolt

Rounded the furthest one on the back of thr motor off...still working.on.getting it out...worst case I will take the carrier out..anyone know where to get a new bolt from. Cant find a new one or part number. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hardware store, highest grade you can find.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

When I popped mine out, it took an impact wrench and a six-point impact socket. The threads were totally dry of any sort of lubricant--I couldn't tell if they were actually threadlocked. Didn't seem like they were locked, though.

I made sure to anti-seize the bolts going back in, and reduced the torque by 20% to account for the thread lube.

You could try buying one at the Stealership; good luck, every time I want something for my Lumina it's discontinued.
      ^ some people may call this guy an asshole at times, but he isn't wrong very often -- Robert

Comment

Just went to the u pull it..got 2 bolts off the only lq1 in the yard..but now gotta get this thing off..the res came off easy and I was using a 6 point but still rounded it off...might have to take the carrier off. Is there a gasket for the carrier..cant find a part number for that either.

Comment

Do you think I can still time.it with the last cog not loose? If I start with the rear bank flats up and tdc on crank, then move to front bank after locking the rear down it should work right? First time working in a lq1 and trying not to take carrier off.

Comment

Working...
          X