Rear Leaf Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Leaf Springs

I'm sure this had been touched on but i can't find it. I got a 92 Z34 with a sagging ass. Not sexy at all. I was looking on ebay and saw what looks like 2 different pads. White ones by Moog and black ones by Loctite. Are they different designs of the same item or different functions. I wanna get back to original height but also noticed the ends of the leaf seems to be wearing. I did find some mention of Flex-form. Anybody know the ratio info on the springs in case i go that route?

the white blocks are a hard plastic and people have been seeing the ends of the leaf wear while using them. the black rubber pads are what the factory used. if you have a lot of sag going on, you may be able to get away with both, but that feels like a temporary solution to me.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

The black rubber pads are not "by Loctite". They use an adhesive made by Loctite. Far as I know, the pads are made for Dorman. These rubber pads protect the spring. they're a high-wear item; the originals are commonly ruined.

The white plastic blocks are a "lift kit", they'd raise the rear by the thickness of the blocks.
      ^ some people may call this guy an asshole at times, but he isn't wrong very often -- Robert

Comment

Working...
      X