3.4 dohc performance info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 dohc performance info

just figured i'd throw a little out here for you guys after testing some hunches.

1. mms headers do in fact fit 1st gen wbodies if u have 96-97 heads or engine. only thing i had to modify was i had to remove 1 piece of heat shielding from the firewall.

2. the neutrally balanced getrag 282 flywheel for a 88 fiero does interchange with the 284 flywheel
    The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

So I could get a set of the headers and just change the flange?
    Post a link to headers please.
    95 MC Z34 Black
    Running strong with new engine, transmission, brakes and suspension.

Comment

ok, i'll click some pix for ya and post them. though you will not see too much b/c i wrapped them.

Comment

here are a couple pix:

Comment

Hey fiend, who is this MMS and do they make any headers that would fit into my 94 GTP? Are they any good?
          1994 Grand Prix GTP
          LQ1
          4T60-E
          FFP UD Pulley
          K&N

Comment

hey, mms stands for milzy motorsports. these headers are in fact in my 94 gtp right now. unfortunately they do not make headers for the 91-95 lq1, only 96-97(or just swap on 96-97 heads to a 91-95 lq1).

my engine is newly rebuilt and i still have to put enough miles on it to break it in be4 taking it to the dyno and thrashing it. one other guy put a set on his relatively stock monte and netted 12hp to the wheels untuned and hooked up to his stock exhaust i believe.

there is a catch though. he is not fast at all, actually he is quite slow. i think it took me 2 months to get mine. also his prices are not cheap, i think it is 700 and some change for a uncoated set. although i got mine much cheaper than that in exchange for beta testing them on my gen1 wbody .

it was tight as you can see by the pix but they fit. only modification i had to do was remove the upper heat shield on the firewall and i had to lengthen the wires for my 02 sensor.

p.s. b/c of the fit and installation, they are not equal length or anything, just a FYI.
            Last edited by dohcfiend; 11-08-2006, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X