Somebody help me out here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody help me out here

My car 1994 Lumina Z34 goes like SNOT, I mean SNOT on a cold winters day. Cold being the relative term. When the heat gauge is under 1/4. Anything over that it'll still beat a honda civic or a 2003 3100 sfi. And when I am driving around through the city, the gauge will bob between 1/4 and half, if I stop for more then 3 minutes, it goes up to just under 3/4 and the fan kicks in. Its only 28 degrees celsius out here in canada most of the time. It failed emissions test like a BEAST! Could the cat be backing the heat into the engine?? I mean, i put in the coldest thermostat I could find and there is no air in the system, I buzz down the highway and it stays just under 1/4 heat so wtf?

yes.

Comment

Please don't post whore your own thread. There was no reason to make 10 posts just talking to yourself about cutting off your exhaust and dragging a dumpster down the road.

I don't know why it failed but a cold stat isn't going to help you at all. Use the stock stat.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

the coldest thermostat you could find? well obviously thats why its running too cold. you need a hotter thermostat. try 180 or 195. definitely don't go lower than 180.

Comment

I'm trying to relate how the car goes like piss when the gauge is under a quarter but responds like a normal v6 over a quarter?

When you guys do some heavy duty driving then sit at lights does your heat gauge rise mega too?

the car is not running too cold, its running too hot.

Comment

What did it fail on the E test?

Comment

Working...
            X