exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust

i recently put 2 flowmaster 40 series on my 96 gtp they sound good but what else can i do to make it sound better, people have told me to buy a resinator. is that the tube that is on my exhaust that comes before the 2 mufflers, if it is what should i replace it with for the best sound. Or cound i just completely remove it and replace with a pipe. idk let me know

This is what I did and it sounds awesome.

Full 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust
    Dual Magnaflow straight through muffs
    Magnaflow Resonator
    Carsound Cat

Comment

I have Flowmaster 40 Series' with a Magnaflow cat and some generic 18" glasspack resonator with stock pipes and it sounds nice. Aaron did you remove your stock resonator?

And yes, that's what that little tube. I'd either get a new one placed someone else along there, or remove the stock resonator and place a new one there. Pics of my glasspack are on my cardomain.
      --Rob
      Currently attending Wyotech, Fremont, CA. Start Date: 1.24.05. Grad. Date: 4.21.06
      1992 Chevy Lumina Z34 5 Speed FOR SALE $1400 AS IS RUNS WELL

Comment

i removed mine and replaced it with straight pipe sounds really good. I get compliments all the time... and set off car alarms occationally
        I wish 10% of the people on the road knew how to drive

Comment

removing the factory resonator will definetly make it louder, even with the stock mufflers
          proud supporter of \"W\"

Comment

what size is the exhaust pipe so i can order a glasspack that will be the right size, i think its 2 and 1/4 but i wanna be sure i have nothing to measure it with here at school.

Comment

I know my resonator it 2.5" so it's probably either 2.25 or 2.5.

You don't have micrometers in your shop?
              --Rob
              Currently attending Wyotech, Fremont, CA. Start Date: 1.24.05. Grad. Date: 4.21.06
              1992 Chevy Lumina Z34 5 Speed FOR SALE $1400 AS IS RUNS WELL

Comment

Yes I did, replaced it with the MAgnaflow one

Comment

Originally posted by yogi18m
                  what size is the exhaust pipe so i can order a glasspack that will be the right size, i think its 2 and 1/4 but i wanna be sure i have nothing to measure it with here at school.
                  its an odd ball size, just under 2.5inches, get a 2.5inch glass pack, and you should be fine, may have to weld it, clamps wont seal it well enough.
                  proud supporter of \"W\"

Comment

Working...
                  X