no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no power

i have a 96 gtp and was just wondering if its is normal for them to have no low end touque. The car gets up and goes but i cat even hardly break the tires loose from a stop. Was just wondering if this is normal cause some people have told me the dohc were not designed for low end power. My car runs fine and really goes when it kicks in passing gear, if you think that i should have more low end let me know, im confused?

I have a 1993 3.4 DOHC Z34, and mine is supposed to have a better low end than the 96's..... and mine (auto, however) just barely has enough to chirp a tire good from a standing start, without powerbraking or turning......
    1993 Chevy Lumina Z34; 4T60-E, CATCO 2.5" hi-flo cat, Flowmaster Exh, American Racing Aero Rims, KYB GR-2's
    1999 Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4V6 4WD, lift, tires, rims, exhaust, couple of tricks
    1962 Buick Electra 225 STOCK... and gonna keep it that way

Comment

ok thanks, i just wasnt sure cause my buddy has a 96 3.1 and he can lay way better rubber from a stop than i can

Comment

My friend had a 95 Monte Carlo Z34 and he said it could "lay rubber better than most v8's."

Have you tried brake torquing (or whatever it's called when you hold the brake and gas before launching)?
        --Rob
        Currently attending Wyotech, Fremont, CA. Start Date: 1.24.05. Grad. Date: 4.21.06
        1992 Chevy Lumina Z34 5 Speed FOR SALE $1400 AS IS RUNS WELL

Comment

Working...
        X