'95 DOHC Chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '95 DOHC Chip

I tried to contact the guy who runs gmtuners.com because I've been wanting a chip for my '95 3.4... he said he can change shift points, and adjust for a 180 thermostat. Other then that, he said there's nothing he can do for the performance aspect of the engine. When I looked at the 91-93 3.4 chip offered at WOT-TECH, it mentions 8-10 hp. Is there anything that can be translated from that chip over to the OBD 1.5 coding and such?

Nope. I can do the same thing to the 94-95 chip, but as far as performance I am at a stand still. Its possible that the code will be hacked someday.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

your best off swaping to a 96 setup. then you can have the pcm tuned via a DHP powertuner. this is what i use on my 96. plenty of adjustments can be made. AF timing shift points ect....

Comment

As awesome as that would be, I don't know how easy it would be to find an OBDII LQ1 computer and all the wiring, then do the intake swaps and all that, and get the new EGR. Then even if I did get it all put in and working right, Powertuners can only be bought used now, so I'd have to find one and have the money to plunk down on it as well.

Comment

There is more code available to 91-93 than any OBD2 setup. That is the route I would go if I wanted to tune a 94-95 bad enough. Lose the SFI and MAF and it could be as simple as swapping the injector harness. I haven't compared the rest of the wiring.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by nequamminor View Post
            As awesome as that would be, I don't know how easy it would be to find an OBDII LQ1 computer and all the wiring, then do the intake swaps and all that, and get the new EGR. Then even if I did get it all put in and working right, Powertuners can only be bought used now, so I'd have to find one and have the money to plunk down on it as well.

you are correct about the DHP software. I did do a OBDII swap, there are a few out there to be had. You don't need the intakes or any of that. Only need Engine harness, injector harness, ecu, DLC port, MAP. you can disable the egr and evap codes. This is the setup i have on my Turbo Monte. Works quite well actually.

S
            Shane "RedZMonte"
            2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
            1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
            -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
            2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
            1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
            1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
            1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
            1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
            X