CAMS!!!! HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAMS!!!! HELP!!!

ok, my guys at PDQ couldnt get me more aggressive regrinds for my 3.4L DOHC. DOES ANYBODY KNOW, who can do regrinds for a more aggressive set up with my build. its not gonna be built for drag its gonna be a street machine.

Comp cams will do it, but it's a bit costly. They will also ask you a lot of details about your engine and what you want to do with it, and they will design a specific grind around it. Just make sure going in you know your compression ratio, combustion chamber size, piston height, actualm displacement, things like that.
    I may own a GTO now, but I'm still a 60V6er at heart.

Comment

Wasn't there a company that did Northstar cam regrinds that would regrind ours for about $100/cam?
      -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
      91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
      92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
      94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
      Originally posted by Jay Leno
      Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

How much for a average regrind for 4 cams?

Comment

delta cams.
          Andy

sigpic

fastest 1/8: 10.19@ 67.17
          fastest 1/4: 16.16@ 82.70

62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

Comment

CHR-Fab outsourced to someone else and there is a fiero owner that does this or is outsourcing to the same place.

I wasn't aware delta or comp did the 3.4 DOHC cams. Im especially surprised that andy knows this.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

know what? about delta cams or anything to do with DOHC's?
              Andy

sigpic

62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

Comment

3.4 DOHC. When did comp change their mind on them too? None of this makes any sense to me since it was damn near impossible to get them done 4 years ago and I know the motor isn't getting more popular.
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

i just figured delta cams can regrind anything if it's a solid cam (no pressed lobes).
                  Andy

sigpic

Comment

No it doesn't work that way. The 3.4 DOHC has no rocker arms so its completely different than a pushrod cam or most OHC designs.
                    Ben
                    60DegreeV6.com
                    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Wasn't there a company that did Northstar cam regrinds that would regrind ours for about $100/cam?
                      That was the rumor. There were in Florida somewhere. An old ClubGP member found it when he did a Northstar swap into his GP. I don't know for sure that they ever reground a set of 3.4 cams or not. But they had 5 stages of Northstar cam so I would assume that if they could/would do it, you would end up with one of those specs.
                      I may own a GTO now, but I'm still a 60V6er at heart.

Comment

And I wouldn't trust anything from said Club GP member as far as I could throw the Titanic... Well that sucks.
                        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                        Originally posted by Jay Leno
                        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

CHRFAB outsources to a company called Steve Long Racing. they have done 2 sets before that i am aware of. I would try to stay away from CHRFAB. The guy is a complete ass to deal with and is hardly ever around.
                          The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

Comment

you wont get much performance in the way of reground 3.4 cams. Since the majority of change comes from grinding away at the base circle of the lobe (the backside), you are limited on 3.4 cams that have very little backside to remove in the first place.

I wanna say its like less than 3/16'' , where as 3.1 / 3100 cams have over 3/8''
                            I modify stuff

Comment

The motor doesn't need much of a lift increase though due to the incredible flow, but duration will really work against you on the bottom end once you go to aggressive on that as well. Ok for a fiero, not great for a w body.
                              Ben
                              60DegreeV6.com
                              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
                              X