dohc intake without battey relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dohc intake without battey relocation

i found that when you remove the air box there is a nice little 3in gap that runs in front of the fans so if you dont use any larger than 3in pipe you are fine

step 1 it is pretty strait forward just cut you piping how you want it you cant really mess this up. i decided to use just the stock hose and ad on to it to save time and money so off off the maf a 9 in 80* bend will be perfect and angle it down so the intake is running at an diagonal

step 2 then you need just about 4 in of strait pipe if you are useing a 9in long filter like me

and then since the filter will hit the fan you need to ad a 70-90* bend to get it down a bit lower but not have the filter scraping the ground

end result the easiest intake you have ever built

I hope you don't bump curbs a lot with the frame or scrape over speed bumps because picking up a squirrel with that would be a mess to clean out of your intake. Neat idea though
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

thanks. no i dont ever scrape this car i think i have scaped it 3 times since ive owned it but not the frame. mufflers 2 times and the platic valence

Comment

Yeah, the Z34 has the worse front facia to worry about hitting on stuff than a Cutty. The 91 uses a Bra to hold it together, lol. Then 92 is just fine because I tend to be more careful with it.
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
        Originally posted by Jay Leno
        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

I was thinking of doing the same thing thanks for the pics now I have an idea

Comment

I was actually going to go with a smaller filter than the one you have, actually might be better so that you dont hit bumps and knock it off

Comment

Seems to me you're removing a nicely-engineered air intake system to install a disastrous kludge.

Hey, it's YOUR car.

Ever seen what happens when a low air intake like that meets up with deeper-than-expected water?
              ^ some people may call this guy an asshole at times, but he isn't wrong very often -- Robert

Comment

I live in Arizona. What water? LOL, and I dont drive this car in the rain anyways

Comment

Originally posted by hok666 View Post
                  I was actually going to go with a smaller filter than the one you have, actually might be better so that you dont hit bumps and knock it off
                  just so you know i had the car off road the other day and nothing hit it

Comment

cool ^ ill probably be doing the same this spring or at least a CAI in the summer time and WAI in the winter

Comment

Ok I've searched and searched and had no luck finding what I need to know! I know that you need to have a fuse from your alternator to your battery when relocating to trunk. Well all that I have seen called for 150 slow blow fuse. I have upgraded my alternator from the 130 to a 150 amp. So will the 150 fuse still work fine or do I need to step up a size on the fuse and if so what size?
                      cheap r4 ds

Comment

Originally posted by sarienbarry View Post
                        Ok I've searched and searched and had no luck finding what I need to know! I know that you need to have a fuse from your alternator to your battery when relocating to trunk. Well all that I have seen called for 150 slow blow fuse. I have upgraded my alternator from the 130 to a 150 amp. So will the 150 fuse still work fine or do I need to step up a size on the fuse and if so what size?
                        Start a new thread in the right section
                        1991 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP / 3.4 DOHC

Comment

Working...
                        X