brake booster hose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake booster hose?

wanted to check interest in a Stainless braided hose that is a direct replacement for the stocker. thinking of actually replacing the nipple and hose. the stock DOHC hose get saturated with oil and becomes mushy causing the brakes to be mushy and lose brake boost. I used to make them back in the day and wanted to see if there was any interest for them anymore, whos running a stock hose?
    Shane "RedZMonte"
    2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
    1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
    -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
    2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
    1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
    1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
    1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
    1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

That would look awesome. If the cost is reasonable I would be in.
    1991 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP / 3.4 DOHC

Comment

I still have one of your old stainless hoses!

Tim
      1995 Z34 - T04E "60" trim, 42.5 lb/hr injectors, AEM WBO2, FFP UD&DB, 3" exhaust, 2800 stall, shift kit, tranny cooler, Powerslot, Hawk HPS, rear disc conversion, KYB, Eibach, HMS F&R STB, Fittipaldi Force 18" wheels, big stereo, lots more coming eventually...
      325 whp 350 lb-ft

Comment

You have my attention.
        1995 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 3.4L DOHC

Comment

Fix the oil leak, and the OEM hose lasts for fifteen+ years. The last one I bought was about two years ago, $11.26; part number 10400822. Same as a 3.1 hose as far as I know. Popular number at that time, too.

[edit] I just checked GMpartsdirect.com; they're showing it at $6.29, but they probably rape you on shipping.

Are you planning steel-braid-over-rubber; or steel-braid-over-Teflon? The Teflon liner would be ideal except for the restricted bend radius.
          Last edited by Schurkey; 02-09-2010, 06:25 PM.
          ^ some people may call this guy an asshole at times, but he isn't wrong very often -- Robert

Comment

I prefer to bend up a hard line and use short rubber or silicone connectors.

If you ain't rock and roll, you must be driving a Honda

Comment

Originally posted by 86FieroSEv6 View Post
              I prefer to bend up a hard line and use short rubber or silicone connectors.
              That'll be hard on the short sections of rubber/silicone if the engine rocks in the mounts--or--if a person forgets to disconnect the hose from the booster when rocking the engine forward for service.

Not my first choice; although I've done similar stuff with other hoses. So much depends on the relative movement between the connected parts.
              ^ some people may call this guy an asshole at times, but he isn't wrong very often -- Robert

Comment

SS over teflon with all needed fittings and hardware.
                Shane "RedZMonte"
                2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
                1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
                -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
                2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
                1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
                1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
                1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
                1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
                X