comp. work 3.4 DOHC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comp. work 3.4 DOHC

92 Lumina- have built eng. but I am not sure about the computer doing the fuel and ign. right plus the speed sensor needs unhooking or reseting. street strip- no DEQ. any ideas?

what did you do to the engine? what is wrong with the speed sensor? What is DEQ?
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

JE pistons,10.5 comp,1mm top,1.2 second, balanced,decked,line hone,mild porting .030 more lift W/a little more duration,trickflow valve spr. nearly doubled the press. don't know much about injectors so need info. the speed sensor only lets me go 125 mph,4200 the starts interupting or something else is. can't find headers but am going for dual ex with cutouts. engine still on the stand. just opening up trans

Comment

You need a chip to get rid of the speed limiter. your sensor is fine. Injectors, trailblazer would be plenty but the connectors have to be swapped and the tuning changed for sure. Those valve springs are probably too stiff but you are just giving up some belt life with that. Guessing you had a regrind done on the cams for that lift.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

where do I get a chip?I need to order injectors so need part #how can you tune the computer for timing and fuel delivery. I'm used to a Holly and a crank-trigger. this computer thing is new to me so any help apreciated.sending converter out for 2500 stall andwhat ever else needed. I know the guy who ownes A-1 Trans, local .

Comment

I sell the injectors on wot-tech. I also sell the connectors, and I sell a chip but it wouldn't be tuned for the cam or compression or injectors.

That explains the tuning, and the links are provided for the parts you need.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Ben, can you upgrade the computer from the car by adding this chip and adjusting fuel and timing? the things that need to be done on that other page don't make any sense to mebut I realize some things need to be changed. If I send it to you can it be done that way?

Comment

I need datalogs (a scan of what the computer sees, and is doing). That is how a car is tuned.
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

so where does the datalog come from?do you plug in to the car computer or is it something that you buy.?I know I want that speed limiter off of that thing.

Comment

There should be links on the above page for the ALDL scan hardware. You need that, tunerpro, and the chip burner. You plug the cable into the ALDL port that is below the steering wheel, and record.
                    Ben
                    60DegreeV6.com
                    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Ben's right, Your blind without data logging, a wideband 02 will also come in very handy if you have access to one, I have the Innovations one for that.
                      1991 Grand Prix STE
                      3.4 DOHC
                      1 of 792 Produced
                      Extensive Mods Done

1991 Lumina Z34
                      3.4 DOHC
                      Getrag 284 5spd
                      1 of 30
                      Canadian Z34 Models Made with the Getrag 5spd Wahoooo!

1980 GMC Sierra Classic C25 With 18,000 ORIGINAL MILES!!!!

sigpic

Comment

I am not up on the computer adjustments and don't have a laptop. the car is tore apart so I guess thats got to be running to do what I'm wanting. I think I'll put the stock size injectors in it for now. Just got to go thru the trans.and put it back in. I also have a 92 5 spd Lumina that is showroom cond.53000 on it. So this other one is just for hotrodding. So your saying I need someone locally that understand this data logging?

Comment

Local works, or i offer the tuning service if you have the rest of the equipment.
                          Ben
                          60DegreeV6.com
                          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

How much did u pay for your pistons

Comment

I'm not sure if you will get a response. This thread is 2 1/2 years old and I don't think Stanley has been around for a while.
                              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                              91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                              92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                              94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                              Originally posted by Jay Leno
                              Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Working...
                              X