Lq1 Exhaust Sound Clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lq1 Exhaust Sound Clips

If you have a lq1 with aftermarket exhaust and sound clips of it can you please post it? And tell what kind of exhaust setup it has. So that way I know what it sounds like so I could decide easier what exhaust I want on mine.

this is my 91 with a magna flow cat and a dyno max 3'' muffler in the resonators stock location instead of duel mufflers at the back... ignore the "Ping" thats just the old heat shield bouncing around

my 3.4 after a port and polish an oversize bored (cant remember how much) with a five angle valve job and everything in the motor was replaced with brand new...

Comment

What's the point to recording sound clips of an exhaust system?

Every microphone has it's own characteristic coloration of the sound. Ever hear the same speaker, recorded with several different microphones--and then have each microphone feed played back through the same sound system? The speaker's voice will seem different with each change of microphone.

Every playback system has it's own characteristic coloration of the sound.

The guy doing the playback almost certainly has no idea what the microphone used to record the sound "sounds like".

How much of the original sound of the exhaust system remains?

Seems pointless to me.
      ^ some people may call this guy an asshole at times, but he isn't wrong very often -- Robert

Comment

At least it still gives you an idea of how combos sound... Tinny, raspy, tone, drone, ect.
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
        Originally posted by Jay Leno
        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Here's a beauty

That commercial really sounds great! never heard about... from 1991Yeah For Maximum Raw Lumina Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Here is mine, 97 Z34 with 2.5" exhaust, resonator delete, magnaflow mufflers and GMC acadia tips.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
            -Matt

Comment

Originally posted by 93luminaz34 View Post
              sounds like my old weed wacker!

Comment

for maximum lumina power....

one of these days i'll have an exhaust vid worth posting. the MC just has a glasspack in place of the factory muffler, slightly louder than stock, a little more pronounced exhaust pulses, but otherwise not a lot different in terms of tone, and NO DRONE.

the 91.... well, even i don't know what it sounds like yet.
                1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                Latest nAst1 files here!
                Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

The 91 did sound good. It wasn't loud, but let it its presence be known when you opened it up. I don't recall if Ben ever got a resonator to get rid of the rasp, though.
                  -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
                    The 91 did sound good. It wasn't loud, but let it its presence be known when you opened it up. I don't recall if Ben ever got a resonator to get rid of the rasp, though.
                    if not, i'm sure it could be worked in cheaply and easily... resonator, glasspack, basically the same thing. and glasspacks were ~$30 locally when i got the ~2" one i needed for the MC. 2.5 probably isn't much, if any, more expensive.
                    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                    Latest nAst1 files here!
                    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
                      if not, i'm sure it could be worked in cheaply and easily... resonator, glasspack, basically the same thing. and glasspacks were ~$30 locally when i got the ~2" one i needed for the MC. 2.5 probably isn't much, if any, more expensive.
                      I've heard the same- using glass packs as resonators. I want to get one for my truck, tone it down and quite it down just a tad bit more. The new cat helped, but I still want it quieter.
                      -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

the ford 2.3 SOHC can always use more muffling IMO...

the father in law's 92 ranger was relatively nice when it had a full exhuast, then the inevitable pinhole leak between the cat and muffler turns into it falling off while doing ~40MPH 6 miles from home. or maybe that was the rear bumper, i forget....

anyways, since this is a thread meant for LQ1s, i guess even the MC comment earlier was OT.
                        Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Originally posted by mrl390 View Post
                          Here is mine, 97 Z34 with 2.5" exhaust, resonator delete, magnaflow mufflers and GMC acadia tips.

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/b...t=100_1045.mp4
                          you're car sounds great which magaflow's did you use? i'm sure the tips don't help with sound any other work that would change the sound any ?

Comment

Working...
                          X