stock flow numbers for both style of heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock flow numbers for both style of heads

so i have benn trolling around the forum recently trying to get flow numbers for 91-95 and 96-97 dohc heads. and i am having differing results. i dont mean to say that the numbers that are on here are wrong. its just that i think we should have a base done because it seems that everyone always asks what the flow differences are. i have sourced a 94 head and a 97 head and a flow bench from a buddy of mine that works in a machine shop. some time in the next week i will have flow numbers to give to the community off the same bench on the same day.

neat!

Comment

Here's s spreadsheet I made years ago with numbers I got off this forum. I would love to see how what you find compares as I had different numbers from different sources with different equipment. Thanks for doing this!

Tim

LQ1 specs.xls
      1995 Z34 - T04E "60" trim, 42.5 lb/hr injectors, AEM WBO2, FFP UD&DB, 3" exhaust, 2800 stall, shift kit, tranny cooler, Powerslot, Hawk HPS, rear disc conversion, KYB, Eibach, HMS F&R STB, Fittipaldi Force 18" wheels, big stereo, lots more coming eventually...
      325 whp 350 lb-ft

Comment

thanks for the spreadsheet i am kinda excited to see how close or far away our numbers were from one i get. i am using the lower manifold for the year specific head and about 3" of exhaust manifold runner, also the tech does have a bore that is 3.63" in diameter so we will be using that. so numbers should be very close to actual. since im doing this for the community i will be doing flow rates in .050" increments all the way to .500" lift on both intake and exhaust.

Comment

Those aren't my numbers for the 91-95 heads. Don't use the lower, use some clay to make a rounded entrance to reduce turbulence. If you are going to use the intake, do the lower and upper with the throttle body (no plate though) and all vac ports sealed. That will give you the best numbers. Its worth more knowing that than just the head flow.
          Last edited by SappySE107; 11-02-2011, 10:12 PM.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

sappy what are ur numbers for the heads? if u dont mind me asking. i figured using the lower would be ok because it would kill some of the turbulence and it looks like most people have either the cut runner intake or are doing some other sort of intake. so i thought that it would give them a base for what their intake had to flow to match. if i use the whole intake and someone wants itbs then they wont know what kind of numbers their intake has to flow in order to not be a restriction for the heads. but everyone still uses the lower manifold. im not trying to start an argument but not knowing a whole alot about flowbenching stuff that is what i thought would be a starting point.

Comment

Working...
            X