Lq1 heaers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lq1 heaers?

I was searching around and remembered a friend talk about milzy motorsports.
    They offer headers for the monte with lq1, however I'm sure its somewhat different, and I also read that the 284 cars had a different manifold.

Thoughts?
    1992 z34 284 Stock Torch Red

2004 saturn ion redline: harrop tvs 1.3L s/c
    26 lbs of boost. Not so stock

I don't believe they did. The milzy headers were for 96-97 only and I think 3 sets were made I only was able to track one of them.

96 Z34 3.4 SC DOHC Getrag, 284 5sd manual transmission, stage 3spec clutch, 97 engine, 97 pcm, S3 intercooler 1 of 1 Roots SC LQ1 in the world 8.5 psi.

Comment

The 91-93 manual vs the auto manifolds were different. The manual cars had ports for AIR injection on them, the autos did not.

Other than that, there is no difference (other than a part number ).

Here is the front on my 92 welded shut and painted after I removed the AIR injection:

Looking back, I should have bought some plugs to put in there instead of welding...

On the note of headers, the only way you will get a set is pay a shop out the nose to make you a set or DIY.
      -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
      91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
      92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
      94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
      Originally posted by Jay Leno
      Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

I wonder how hard it would be to modify a set of them for my car, milzy is about 20 minutes from me, they are trying to talk me into a l67 swap haha

Comment

Originally posted by billabong9687 View Post
          I wonder how hard it would be to modify a set of them for my car, milzy is about 20 minutes from me, they are trying to talk me into a l67 swap haha
          Did you ask if they even still make the LQ1 headers?
          Jesse M.

3x 1990 Turbo Grand Prix
          1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe

Comment

I talked to them yesterday and they are thinking about discontining them, of course

Comment

Working...
            X