Injectors maxed out or fuel pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injectors maxed out or fuel pump?

Hello I have a Turbo'd 3.4 dohc with #67 injectors and a 255 walbro. My Injector duty is at 87% i'm wondering if this could be caused by the fuel pump? I'm only making 370 hp and 330 torque at 13 pounds of boost. oh and this is also on E-85.

Does your fuel pressure drop off toward redline? If so, that points toward the fuel pump. If not, it points to the injectors. Realistically, it could be either as you're close to the limits of the Walbro and the 67# injectors (when running E85). If you want more flow, the Aeromotive 340 or Walbro 416 (E85) pump are good options.

Have you tried re-wiring your fuel pump?

Tim
    1995 Z34 - T04E "60" trim, 42.5 lb/hr injectors, AEM WBO2, FFP UD&DB, 3" exhaust, 2800 stall, shift kit, tranny cooler, Powerslot, Hawk HPS, rear disc conversion, KYB, Eibach, HMS F&R STB, Fittipaldi Force 18" wheels, big stereo, lots more coming eventually...
    325 whp 350 lb-ft

Comment

The place I took it to said that the fuel pump and injectors are about maxed out. I planned on getting the 416 walbro anyways but you are the first one to say that my 67# injectors are close to there limits. Everyone else says that there plenty big. And i have seen LQ1 make well over 400hp with just 42#'S

Comment

67# injectors and E85 on 13psi is about it.. the 3800 guys are running 80+ lb injectors with E85. i agree with timg.
        Shane "RedZMonte"
        2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
        1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
        -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
        2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
        1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
        1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
        1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
        1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

Also could the custom ground cams make an effect on why i'm not making the power I should be? Does anyone know how much I should retard the cams?

Thank you
          Steve

Comment

different cams will definatly change your performance... what are the specs of the cams? and are they set to stock timeing or are they advanceed/retard? the more info about your setup the better. What Turbo (size as well as AR&Trim), what manifolds, cam specs, how much timing are you running? your tune could also be a major limiter of your hp. are you running OBDI or OBDII? Auto Trans or Manual? anything you can tell us about your setup will help....
            Shane "RedZMonte"
            2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
            1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
            -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
            2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
            1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
            1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
            1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
            1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

I'm not sure what the specs are on the cams. They are retarded but i'm not sure how many degree's. All I can tell you is the guy had them made for a N/A car and kept them in after boosting. Its a Turbonetic T3/T4 T-62 trim with a stage 5 wheel and .63 A/R . Stock Manifolds, not sure what its running for timing. Engine mangaged by a Haltech E6k and Its a 5 spdl.

Comment

Your injectors will support more hp with E85 than you are getting, but I am not sure if the pump itself is the issue. Cam timing and tuning will matter as well.
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
                X