3.4l dohc tuning assistance, stock base tune on MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4l dohc tuning assistance, stock base tune on MS

I have built my own harness and im running a MegaSquirt 3 with a 3.4l DOHC in a fiero, I am looking to find a spark advanced map according to rpm. I am starting from scratch or if anyone can help with just a simple base tune that would be so much appreciated. I am running Tuner Studio ms3 pro. anything at all would assist me.

Thanks, I looked for about 20 min for a table or something on this sight. I might be young but im not good with computers and I wasnt coming up with anything. thanks for your help.

could download tunerpro RT, the $DF XDF and a LQ1 BIN and you'll have a lot of factory values to start with.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

High octane spark map from a 2004 Grand Am 3400. I know it isn't the DOHC as getting an OBD2 spark map for one isn't easy. I believe the 97 Monte Carlo had the DOHC but there are no maps for them that I can get. If you know of another vehicle 97+ that has the DOHC and is GM, obviously, let me know I might be able to pull that spark map for you.

Maybe an OBD1 enthusiast here can help more. I'm restricted to 97+ due to HPT.

2004 GA HO Spark.jpg

If anything, it is a starting point to reference. Good luck!
      1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

thanks TGP37 I will try it and see what i get I got it started last night around 10 pm but it was only a sorta okay idle. came to find I have a bad Throttle Position sensor I believe and my IAC stepper control is stuck open but I just forced it to stick closed and I can do without it for now. I am just trying to see. thank you. I'll see if i cant input those values and see what happens. idk yet.
        so you can get them for 97 and up?.. well it would of been in a monte carlo z34 of 97, lumina LTZ, and Lumina LS but i believe that's it. After 97 they were discontinued..

Comment

Monte Z34, Lumina LTZ and the GTP all had the 3.4 DOHC in 97. Yes, the DOHC was discontinued after 97.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
          Last edited by pocket-rocket; 03-15-2013, 10:33 AM.
          -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
          91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
          92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
          94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
          Originally posted by Jay Leno
          Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
            Monte Z34, Lumina LTZ and the GTP all had the 3.4 DOHC in 97. Yes, the DOHC was discontinued after 97.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
            i wish.... it would make putting a LQ1 into a 2nd gen W so much easier.

96 MC/lumina/cutlass supreme/grand prix
            97 MC/lumina (though i've never seen a 97 lumina with a factory LQ1)

i'm not sure how useful a table referenced in airmass will help with a MS user... those spark tables are probably RPM vs MAP?
            1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
            Latest nAst1 files here!
            Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Yes your right sorry its RPM vs MAP. But its good to atleast know more then needed then not know enough. but I am looking for a spark advanced map against rpm vs. map

And Believe me I'm new at this.. never had a MS and never did any tuning of my own so this is super new to me. I'm just doing my best and hoping I'm getting it. first hand is the best way to learn

Comment

Thanks PocketRocket <---(this guy helped me out a lot, smart)

60degreev6 has an LQ1 DOHC file from a 97 Monte Carlo. Lucky for you

Here are the High and Low octane spark maps. If you need any other table from this file just let me know, I'll post it up for you.

High Octane
                1997 LQ1 DOHC HO Spark.jpg

Low Octane
                1997 LQ1 DOHC LO Spark.jpg

EDIT: You can download a trial software of HPT or use Tiny Tuner software to open the bin file.

LINK
                Last edited by TGP37; 03-15-2013, 12:27 PM.
                1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

this is BHAK in nAst1, so this is a good starting point for an automatic. i cut off the end of the high table since it just repeats the same SA up to 8400(which is what the factory calibration did assuming you spun it that high).

Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
                    this is BHAK in nAst1, so this is a good starting point for an automatic. i cut off the end of the high table since it just repeats the same SA up to 8400(which is what the factory calibration did assuming you spun it that high).

http://i.imgur.com/Rm6h5OS.png
                    Is this table from a 3.4l DOHC?

Comment

yes, BHAK = 91-93 3.4 automatic. it will work well enough for both the 94-95 3.4 and 96-97 3.4 as a starting point.
                      Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
                        yes, BHAK = 91-93 3.4 automatic. it will work well enough for both the 94-95 3.4 and 96-97 3.4 as a starting point.
                        Thanks thats super helpful. lol now i get to put it in manually ha this will be fun ha. thanks your alot of help!

Comment

Fierob I'm in the process of doing the same motor swap, I'm wondering about how u wired the stock gauges with the 97 engine. My email Ia mtkrusmark@yahoo.com message me if u get a chance I have some questions

Comment

Working...
                          X