3.4 DOHC Wont Start????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 DOHC Wont Start????

So I have a 1991 Z34 Lumina 5 speed. Has the 3.4 DOHC in it. For some reason. It will not start. Fuel pump is running. I have spark. I crank it and nothing. BUT this is the odd part??? I pull out the Fuel pump relay. AND it starts right up?? Once it starts I put the fuel pump relay back in. BUT then it runs god awful. Skips like plug wires are off. I have new coil packs and Ignition module. New crank Censor and O2 censor. After I let it run for a bit. It clears up. Then when I shut it off, it will not start back up? If I just let it sit a while. It will start back up on its own. Or I have to take out the fuel pump relay then it starts. I know this may sound Confusing as it also is to me. I had a garage Scan it and they said something with the speed censor on the tranny?? Honestly I do not think this has anything to do with this. An old School GM teck said that it could be the Fuel presser regulator getting stuck shut or open? SO can anyone offer me some help on this??? Spring is coming and I want to cruise.

The fuel pump relay is bypassed by the oil pressure sensor. The fuel pump will run without the fuel pump relay IF the engine has been cranked long enough to develop oil pressure.

Why the engine would not start with the fuel pump relay in place--but will start when it's removed, and runs poorly if you put it back in--is beyond me.

Is the fuel pump relay FUSE--right next to the fuel pump relay, yellow, and 15 amps (I think) still good?
    ^ some people may call this guy an asshole at times, but he isn't wrong very often -- Robert

Comment

Yes the Fuse for the fule pump is next to the relay. It looks ok. Mine always had a 30 amp Fuse in it? could this be a prob?

Comment

Originally posted by FastZ34Lumina5 View Post
        Yes the Fuse for the fule pump is next to the relay. It looks ok. Mine always had a 30 amp Fuse in it? could this be a prob?
        While I thought mine was 15 amp, I don't have the car nearby to look. What fuse is specified for your vehicle?
        ^ some people may call this guy an asshole at times, but he isn't wrong very often -- Robert

Comment

Well I have the right fuse in my car. I put in a new Fule Presser regulator. Also a new Oil Presser sensor. The car still will not start. I spray some gas in the intake and it will start for a few seconds? Till the gas runs out. So what am I missing? My fule pump is running. I am getting spark? SO anyone????

Comment

Injectors not squirting? No electrical signal to pulse the injectors?

Does it still start when the fuel pump relay is removed?

Comment

No even with it removed it still dont start.

Comment

Come to find out I had a bad fuel injector on the number 5 cylinder. Once that was replaced. The car started right up. Car runs good now.

Comment

Working...
                X