Tune for obd1 turbo LQ1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tune for obd1 turbo LQ1?

What are people using for a tune on the turbo obd1 DOHC engines?

stock ecu? changing to 7730? teach me wise ones!

You could use nAst1 on the stock 9396
    '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
    '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

i even ported both auto and manual calibrations, so starting off is already pretty simple.
      1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
      Latest nAst1 files here!
      Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

so is that something thats basically burn and go? sorry, i am CLUELESS when it comes to obd1...

next question... "Turbo" code, can i run NA until i boost the car, then not have to worry about changing coding? and what map sensors needed?

Comment

i wouldn't say burn and go, but very little needs changed to get it boost-friendly(the boost-specific stuff is about it, other than injector stuff since you'll run out of room there really quickly).

could set it up for a 2/3BAR MAP sensor(and whatever size injectors you end up with) and just not have a turbo in the engine bay, the PCM won't mind so long as it knows what MAP sensor is being used.

after the turbo goes on..... expect some changes to be necessary, but you should expect nothing less when giving an engine positive manifold pressure.
          1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
          Latest nAst1 files here!
          Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
            i wouldn't say burn and go, but very little needs changed to get it boost-friendly(the boost-specific stuff is about it, other than injector stuff since you'll run out of room there really quickly).

could set it up for a 2/3BAR MAP sensor(and whatever size injectors you end up with) and just not have a turbo in the engine bay, the PCM won't mind so long as it knows what MAP sensor is being used.

after the turbo goes on..... expect some changes to be necessary, but you should expect nothing less when giving an engine positive manifold pressure.
            Do you make chips?

Comment

could, but this is the type of thing i would recommend learning or at least having someone physically present who knows when to quit pushing the envelope.
              Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
                could, but this is the type of thing i would recommend learning or at least having someone physically present who knows when to quit pushing the envelope.
                lol, i live in maryland, this is apparently the state of "no we dont do that"... i had to ship my rotors for my 86 out to have the hubs turned off them for a brake upgrade because noone around here would do it... :/ the one place i know that could probably do it, charges $500+ for tuning. know any local maryland members thats around?

Comment

Auto or manual transmission?

Comment

Originally posted by brian89gp View Post
                    Auto or manual transmission?
                    manual

Comment

I have several tunes for megasquirt, depending inj's and coil setups Ive had if you go that route...

I know several people use the 7730's with great success. Fierobsessed on pff has a very thorough LQ1 turbo build w/7730
                      sigpic
                      Fiero gt 3.4 DOHC turbo forged bottom end MSII
                      94 Ranger 2.3 turbo t5 (DD)

Comment

Fierobsessed... yes.

A 3.4 DOHC Build then... F40 Turbo <- Link to tuning stuff... entire thread worth a read.
                        Last edited by carbon; 09-12-2014, 04:17 PM.
                        sigpic

"When you don't do anything, you have plenty of time to post questions that don't mean anything tomorrow."
                        - Ben

Comment

Dynamic EFI also has a couple of options, along with great product support.
                          "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

Working...
                          X