2.8 to 3.4 Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.8 to 3.4 Swap

I'm new to this forum so I'm not sure if I am in the right Sub-Forum or not but.... I have a 1986 Jeep Comanche that came with a 2.8l v6 Carb. With my 4.11 gearing and 35" tires it's quite a turd to say the least. Here is a picture of it. Well yesterday I pulled an engine and tranny from a 94 Camaro. My plans are to get Forged piston's, 1.6 Aluminum roller rockers, and a basic .030 bore. I was planning to turbo charge it with the t3 turbo kit with a megasquirt harness. My questions are what kind of cam should I be looking for? Links would be helpful, also how would I get the 3.4s SFI working with my jeep that was previously carb? Any advice would be helpful, thanks!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Perhaps a moderator will move this thread to the correct forum. THIS forum is for the DOHC version of the 3.4L, not the pushrod version of the 3.4L.

(First Guess: The 3.4L will also be a turd. Start looking for a 5.7L, or an LS-series 6 or 6.2L, or a Big Block.)
    ^ some people may call this guy an asshole at times, but he isn't wrong very often -- Robert

Comment

Working...
    X