spark plug thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spark plug thoughts

Was just doing some reading. Apparently copper is like 10 times more conductive than platnum(im sure nothing noticable on our platforms), but we cant use em since coppers get eaten up in a month thanks to our waste spark.

I came across a simular Ford setup in which every other plug was copper (obviously the ones that werent getting the negative spark). I wonder if that would work on our cars.

Although I guess if it didwork, all it would really mean is we'd save a couple bucks buying plugs, but I still wonder if it would.

Anyone know?

No idea, but was price the only advantage? If there was, I dont know why ford would want to use them on half of the cylinders.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Copper is a soft metal though so I don't know how that would react. I have heard of other metals... found an ad... I'll post it up when I get back home.

Comment

iridium or something like that is the newest thing I believe. Longer life but I dunno. Spark is spark imo and as long as the heat range is right its all good. I just want them to work for at least 30k miles.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

That was it iridium. Its supposivly hotter than platinum. I can't imagine that it makes too much of a difference as long as it's a good brand. I have never seen any proof that a hotter spark produces better gains as long as its hot enough to ignite the gas.

Comment

HALO! HALO! HALO!
            :P
            I modify stuff

Comment

yeah HALO, if you can afford 50 bux a set.
              93 Z34 Auto (old, dead, slow, in peices)
              91 GTP 5spd (older, faster, better)

Comment

Oh lord...no. I think Chris just likes the fact that Halo is a video game:P For those that dont know. halo plugs have a "halo" ring instead of 4 points such as the +4s or 1 point as most sane spark plugs. This is supposed to help it somehow...Chris has the literature on it I think.
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

www.torquemaster.com for those "halo" plugs...

Oh, and those Iridiums are like $12.99/ea at autozone

Cliff Scott
                  89 BerettaGT
                  89 Volvo740
                  Cliff Scott
                  89 BerettaGT
                  04 AleroGX

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff8928
                    www.torquemaster.com for those "halo" plugs...

Oh, and those Iridiums are like $12.99/ea at autozone

Cliff Scott
                    89 BerettaGT
                    89 Volvo740
                    Those aren't the same plugs, torquemasters suck ass.. ive tried them and the car idled and ran like crap. Yay for .120 plug gap!

try www.haloplugs.com or .net or something. Yes its a bit pricey for the initial investment, but Ill never have to buy plugs again.. EVAR
                    I modify stuff

Comment

Can I buy HaloTM Plug at the local parts store? Not yet. (aka, never cause these things are retarded)

How is the HaloTM Plug doing in race cars?
                      We have reports of enhanced performance.

well thats good to know...reports of enhanced performance. How about some stats or something!

If I buy in bulk, will you discount the price?
                      Sure, email us at RogGibson@aol.com We will send you information.

AN AOL ADDRESS!! no thanks.

What is the guarantee?
                      If purchased from this site... 90 days money back.

If you are not satisfied with the performance of your HaloTM spark plugs, you may return them within 90 days of purchase (freight prepaid only), along with Halo's warranty claim form, for a full refund.

Damaged, improperly installed, and/or improperly used plugs are excepted. Otherwise, see 5 year replacement warrantee.

AWESOME! Ill take 50 sets. Then ill toss them into a bon fire and return them for a full refund.
                      Ben
                      60DegreeV6.com
                      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

if you dont like em, dont buy em. pretty simple concept.
                        I modify stuff

Comment

iridium NGK TR5IX 11$ a spark plug

iridium NGK TR5IX 11$ a spark plug

Ok i have these sparks plug , i cant say how long they lost cuz they only have 3000 miles..but first off..dont waste ur money..i saw no change between 11$ spark plugs n 2$ ac delco's ....66$ for spark plugs is kinda like buyin a 8$ pack a gum...
                          1996 Dodge Ram 5.9/4x4

1992 Grand Prix GTP LQ1/4t60-E

1986 Monte Carlo SS 355-3-71SC /200r4

Comment

Was discussing this with a friend. He found this

interesting read on some of the materials among other things.

btw, quck reply does indeed rock

Comment

Making the gap a little wider does really make a difference sometimes.
                              I gapped the plugs on a 2.5L dodge engine .05 over and I could actually feel the difference. 5hp at least.
                              Just be sure your ignition can handle it.

Comment

Working...
                              X