tricking the ECM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tricking the ECM

I want to dispute something in the myths section of the site. I'm pretty sure that the computer uses the IAT input to adjust the timing curve. Cooler=more timing. My source is MITCHELL ON DEMAND. The computer uses the ECT to vary the fuel mixture with temp. So I say that relocating the IAT to the most forward position in the intake track(out of the engine compartment) would be beneficial. The lower temp would result in more advance. Or you could wire in a 1k resistor(IAT resistance operates in 2-5k ohms range) for an aprox 25% change in input. I dont know what the actual timing tables in the prom are. So I can't say how the advance curve would change. It cant' hurt.

Once the Oxygen sensor heats up and supplies info to the ECM any input from the IAC changing the fuel and spark will be void. The MAP, MAF and O2 sensors are the main calculators.
    1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
    1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
    Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Advancing the spark doesn't help performance...as tested on a dyno. The O2 sensor will override any fuel tricking you try to do with the IAT, so its pointless.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

HA! Your idea has been:
        \"Pree\" - 93 Grand Prix SE - 3.4L Twin Dual Cam
        - FFP UD Pulley - FFP Chip - 8mm Taylor Wires
        - 160* T/stat - Dual 40 Series Flowmasters
        - Hi-Flo Cat
        15.2@95mph - GTECH P/B
        http://home.rgv.rr.com/tjperformance/Cap0005.mpg

Comment