1 day left on the sc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 day left on the sc

Last edited by Dave96z34; 10-19-2006, 02:43 AM.

96 Z34 3.4 SC DOHC Getrag, 284 5sd manual transmission, stage 3spec clutch, 97 engine, 97 pcm, S3 intercooler 1 of 1 Roots SC LQ1 in the world 8.5 psi.

Im pissed yours will be done before mine, especially since I have been working on mine FAR longer
    then you have on yours (at least I think) but I'm cool with it. Especially since a project delaying,
    life decision took over. I finally have my engine in my garage here, I did more detailed drawings of
    the proposed manifold. It's still many months away from any progress. I still have to purchase all
    my big tools (lathe and mill). The TIG welder came home with the engine thankfully, I know I will
    need that. The big delay has only helped me afford the project, and put MUCH more thaught into
    exactly how to execute the plan. Needless to say, my goals are lofty. I went with the M112, a
    2:1 blower ratio (should theoretically push 15-17 PSI) I also decided on the 3.5L forged steel
    crank, and the 4340 steel H beam rods witch are intended for a 4.3L I have a cast aluminum
    pan and cross bolted caps from a 3100. I plan on ordering custom forged pistons, especially since
    the rods have a pin diameter of .927" All managment will be handled via a 1227730 GM ECM running
    a highly modified $8F Code. I've spent the past year hacking GM ECM's and have learned a
    rediculous amount about them. I enjoy modifying the programming to do anything I can dream
    up. Yes, they can do your taxes for you if it's programmed right.

Enough about mine, Im fairly anxious to see the results of your project. I'll bet it suprises the heck
    out of you when you take it out. I don't doubt if your tune is good, and your drive ratio is proper,
    300 horses shouldn't be a problem. But more importantly, the super wide torque band that it will have.

Comment

i'd take a spare hood and cut the center section between the 2 body lines and make that whole area like a huge cowl induction scoop by lifting it at the back and making sides.

Comment

Shoot, don't even bother with a cowl. Cut out a little bit more of your hood and mount your air filter directly to the throttle body.

That looks great. I think you're going to have a little bit of trouble getting anyone to line up with you except at the strip. Or maybe that will just weed out the ones you'd toast anyway. Haha.

I want too see and hear it run! Google video/streetfire/putfile it up when you can!
        87 Fiero GT
        2.8 liter v6

Comment

Holy F-in Sh*t that is bad ass.

I am not worthy to post here>
          95 MC Z34 Black
          Running strong with new engine, transmission, brakes and suspension.

Comment

so when are you going to make my new upper intake manifold adaptorb
            26+6=1

Comment

looks like you will have to make that hole bigger when u get the belt on.
              The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

Comment

Howmuch will you think it cost for the lower manifold?? or intake manifold riser if you will.
                I am back

Mechanical/Service Technican

Comment

I think that thing sticking up through the hood looks rediculous. I think it will look even more rediculous sticking up through the decklid of a fiero.

Say hello to ultra high intake temps and no way to intercool. Destination Detonation City.

Waiting for dyno numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun41178

Waiting for dyno numbers

werd
                    1999 SVT Lightning
                    1996 Monte Z34 R.I.P.
                    Next BEATER: a C5
                    http://www.fquick.com/ez112

Comment

All I have to say is nice job. It takes some skill to get parts to work on these engines. Dentonation should not be a problem if he uses good gas and cooling the supercharger well it should get massive amount of cooling just like that and better if he had a functional cowl. Also now that the rear head can breath his motor will run better.

WWW.OverKillEngineeringMotorsports.com

Comment

ignore shaun, he's just jealous. I saw your pics, ran out to the garage and grabbed my body saw, then the wife showed up panting in my wake screaming, "NO F*CKING WAY ARE YOU DOING THAT TO MY CAR!!!!!" I've tried to get her to see reason. We need to start a support group for husbands who aren't allowed to do extreme mods.

Seriously tho- I think it looks cool as hell man, but it does really blow my whole "sleeper" image away if I did. your doing it right and that's all that counts, good luck!
                        sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
                        A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
                        Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
                        Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
                        PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

Comment

Originally posted by 95SleeperAcheiva
                          ignore shaun, he's just jealous. I saw your pics, ran out to the garage and grabbed my body saw, then the wife showed up panting in my wake screaming, "NO F*CKING WAY ARE YOU DOING THAT TO MY CAR!!!!!" I've tried to get her to see reason. We need to start a support group for husbands who aren't allowed to do extreme mods.
                          lol that's awesome

96 Z34 3.4 SC DOHC Getrag, 284 5sd manual transmission, stage 3spec clutch, 97 engine, 97 pcm, S3 intercooler 1 of 1 Roots SC LQ1 in the world 8.5 psi.

Comment

I disagree on the air temp thing. If a forward facing cowl is used, outside air will cool the housing of the supercharger, making an almost automatic intercooling setup. If a reverse cowl is used, then it's much easier than normal to set up a true cowl induction setup.
                            \"NASCAR is an integral part of my life. A part of me died when Dale Earnhardt died.\"

1997 Olds CS 4-door S/C - 183,527 miles
                            1999 Chevrolet Lumina 3100 - Wife took it at 158,340 miles
                            1989 Volvo 740GL Wagon 2.3 8v - 232,050 miles

Comment

Sweet!! I wouldn't put a hood scoop on it. The blower is so beautiful, just let it sit out in plain sight! Just my two cents. But really, a cowl induction hood would look soooo sexy if done right. Again, just my two cents.
                              If it\'s fun, it\'s probably illegal and if it\'s illegal I\'m probably doing it.

92 Lumina Z-34
                              89 Cavalier Z-24
                              83 Camaro Z-28

Comment

Working...
                              X