My latest 60º addition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest 60º addition

Today we picked up our newest addition to the 60ºV6 tradition we have.
    We purchased a 2001 Chevy Venture with the 3400 SFI. Yeah, it's a minivan, but oh well, we got kids.
    Works good for being in a van, and I can see why these motors would work so good in the J bodies.
    Franz

1990 Z24-NA 3.1L
    14.72 @ 92.24 MPH
    14.89 @ 94.92 MPH

The boost is coming....

Are you gonna mod it hehe, throw the supercharger on it, and some headers, and a 5 speed swap!
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Didn't you have an old 3.1 Lumina van? Trade it in?
      60v6's original Jon M.

Comment

Hmm... at least you are sticking to 60º V6s.... each new addition I get seems to come with a 90º....

(My latest addition... ^^^)
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
        sigpic
        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

fare thee well ol' iron headed van

Just be aware of the intake gaskets as they seem to fail most often in the minivans.

Good luck with it, bring it to the next meet!
          Brian

'95 Cutlass Supreme- "The Rig"
          3400 SFI V6, 4T60e
          Comp Cam grind, LS6 valve springs, OBD2 swap, Tuned
          2.5" DP/ 2.5" dual exh/ Magnaflow Cat/ crap mufflers/ 3500 Intake manifold/ 65mm TB
          TGP steering Rack/ 34mm Sway Bar/Vert STB/ KYB GR2's

'08 Chevy Trailblazer SWB 1LT "Smart Package"- LH6 5.3L V8/4L60e, A4WD

Comment

yeah, bring it to the next meet so you can haul us around town I wanna see it hit the track to. If you beat ridgerunner ill give you a dollar
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Ben, I need to kick your ass.

I'll be sure to wear my big heavy boots too.
              What do those vans run anyway?
              60v6's original Jon M.

Comment

I'll gladly ride if it's the WB edition...watch some DVD's of like...Glitter.....cause I know how much Ben's been wanting to see it.
                Brian

3400 SFI V6, 4T60e
                2.5" DP/ 2.5" dual exh/ Magnaflow Cat/ crap mufflers/ 3500 Intake manifold/ 65mm TB

Comment

Originally posted by Rhedalert
                  I'll gladly ride if it's the WB edition...watch some DVD's of like...Glitter.....cause I know how much Ben's been wanting to see it.
                  AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

1992 Lumina Z34 | 3.4L 207ci DOHC 60º V6; Getrag 284 |
                  1994 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP | 3.4L 207ci DOHC 60º V6; Hydra-Matic 4T60E |

Comment

Damn right it'll be modded!!! :P Likely an intake of some sort, and maybe a 65mm TB, but we'll see about that one.
                    Actually, we've still got the old iron headed 3.1 Pontiac Transport, but it needs fixing again, and the odometer's reading 561,000 kms now, so I don't really like to consider it "reliable" transportation.
                    I'll get it fixed once the new house is done, and I'll take the Cav off the road for a while so I can do some new things to it for once.
                    And thanks for the advice on the intake, but I already knew that since I talk to mechanics all day long, and three out of 4 vans we took for test drives had the leak
                    Sorry Brian, no cheezy, dumbass Mariah movies for Ben in the new van. It doesn't have the DVD, but we do have small TV/VCR combo for it that we used in the old one for the kids.
                    Franz

1990 Z24-NA 3.1L
                    14.72 @ 92.24 MPH
                    14.89 @ 94.92 MPH

The boost is coming....

Comment

Didn't they fix the intake problem after 2000? I think he should be ok.

We got the same van right now. Its a company vehicle. So we keep gettig new stuff all the time. The 3400 does haul pretty good. Every time I drive it I lay a small patch outside the driveway.
                      1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
                      1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
                      Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

They just revised the gaskets in march 2003 and they're readily available now. matter of fact my friend just repaired a '97 trans sport with the updated gaskets.
                        Brian

3400 SFI V6, 4T60e

Comment

Originally posted by XLR8ING
                          Actually, we've still got the old iron headed 3.1 Pontiac Transport, but it needs fixing again, and the odometer's reading 561,000 kms now
                          Daymn! Our 95 Lumina Van (same engine) is only at 180 km.. looks like I'll be seeing that hideous thing for another 10 years

Comment

sweet, congrats on the new addition Franz!

hehe. van with a throttle body and a intake tube. put a flowmaster on it too!!

Jon you know you'd loose to the van
                            Colin
                            92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
                            90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

Comment

Its a good thing about glitter, cause if brian knew about it, you would be cleaning up the back half of the van. Now you just need some 15s and lots of amps and some fast and the furious tapes
                              Ben
                              60DegreeV6.com
                              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
                              X