pics of my customized 95 Z26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pics of my customized 95 Z26

Here are some pics of my 3400 powered Z26, and some other goodies.

Mods: 3400 sfi , Ffp pulley, wai, flowmaster 40 series, 2 1/2 pipe, 5 speed conversion, 180degree therm. rk sport upper insert, poly dogbone, reworked TOG HEADERS
    1/8th mile 9.386 @ 78.138mph

26+6=1

Comment

Nice... care to discuss the headers any? I was talking to John from APoC last night about them. He was saying something to the effect that TOG would be willing to do the changes and market them if you assisted. I know of several Beretta and Cavy hybrids that would be very interested in these.
      -Brad-
      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
      sigpic
      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Very Cool!

Verboten

\'92 Lumina Z34: It\'s not unmodded - It\'s Super Stock!

Comment

HEADERS!!!!!!!!
          we need to talk about the yellow paint tho!

Comment

Do you have any dyno numbers? Looks like a good combo. I like the color of the valve covers and intake. Nice work.

Marty
            '99 Z-28 - Weekend Driver
            '98 Dodge Neon - Winter Beater
            '84 X-11 - Time and Money Pit
            '88 Fiero Formula - Bone stock for now

Quote of the week:
            Originally posted by Aaron
            This is why I don't build crappy headers. I'm not sure, I don't know too much about welding.

Comment

the one thing that concerns me is this:

in your pics you show the headers are installed on the engine with the Auto transmission still in there. but you are doing a 5spd swap, (at first i didnt notice the mention of doing the 5spd swap and was all why the manual shifter and auto trans? LOL)

have you finished doing the 5spd swap yet?? do you have the headers bolted on now with the 5spd in tehre??

reason being, dont know if its the case with the TOG headers but with S&S's that i got for a 3400 GAGT, the front header doesnt clear the 5spd Bellhousing on a Muncie/getrag style trans.

dont know if its going to be an issue with your setup or not but if you did all the test fitting with the Auto in there, i'd make sure you can still mount those headers on the engine with the manual.

but otherwise, sweet car. very clean. looks good.
              Colin
              92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
              90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

Comment

Originally posted by v6h.o.
                the one thing that concerns me is this:

in your pics you show the headers are installed on the engine with the Auto transmission still in there. but you are doing a 5spd swap, (at first i didnt notice the mention of doing the 5spd swap and was all why the manual shifter and auto trans? LOL)

have you finished doing the 5spd swap yet?? do you have the headers bolted on now with the 5spd in tehre??

reason being, dont know if its the case with the TOG headers but with S&S's that i got for a 3400 GAGT, the front header doesnt clear the 5spd Bellhousing on a Muncie/getrag style trans.

dont know if its going to be an issue with your setup or not but if you did all the test fitting with the Auto in there, i'd make sure you can still mount those headers on the engine with the manual.

but otherwise, sweet car. very clean. looks good.

The swap is 90% complete now everything is bolted in. All I need to do now is finish the electrical and some fluids etc. Your right about the clearence problem with the headers but it was with the mouting bracket so I just customized it to fit with the headers. Its a tight fit but it should run nicelly when its all complete. (fingers crossed)
                Mods: 3400 sfi , Ffp pulley, wai, flowmaster 40 series, 2 1/2 pipe, 5 speed conversion, 180degree therm. rk sport upper insert, poly dogbone, reworked TOG HEADERS
                1/8th mile 9.386 @ 78.138mph

Comment

Working...
                X