2007 G6 GTP**3.6 DOHC** Pictures and Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 G6 GTP**3.6 DOHC** Pictures and Videos

Wow it has been since my Beretta days since I have posted on here! Here she is. I've always loved this site and hope to contribute to it.

The ol' 91 Beretta GT:

2007 GTP

CAI install:

2007 Pontiac G6 GTP
    Sedan Black/Black
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2597636

awesome!

the engine isnt too pretty though
    91 GTP HM-284 GONE
    96 Special Edition LQ1/4T60E GONE

98 Spawn of Satan (L67 Regal)
    87 V10 SM-465/Mild 350
    06 Cobalt SS/SC GONE

Comment

ya no goodies yet. I have to wait for that warrenty and a 28K car, wanna have almost all of it paid off before I go extreme on the engine.

2007 Pontiac G6 GTP
      Sedan Black/Black

Comment

I'm actually fond of the G6 line. Did they have the 3900 option when you bought it?
        Links:
        WOT-Tech.com
        FaceBook
        Instagram

Comment

If the 3.6 gets an aftermarket, its going to be a very potent setup to have. Its already pretty kick ass stock but it can go much further with boost.

You should post the pics in our photo gallery.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
            I'm actually fond of the G6 line. Did they have the 3900 option when you bought it?
            06 GTP is the 3900. think you can still get it, though. i test drove one but bought the cobalt instead. if they had the 3.6 then, i dont think i couldve resisted.

the new 3.6 (LLT code) is supposed to have appx. 300/300.

just gotta say i love the car again...very nice.

def know what youre saying about the warranty.
            Last edited by pwmin; 08-17-2007, 12:43 AM.
            91 GTP HM-284 GONE
            96 Special Edition LQ1/4T60E GONE

98 Spawn of Satan (L67 Regal)
            87 V10 SM-465/Mild 350
            06 Cobalt SS/SC GONE

Comment

The 3900 is in the GT now, and you can get it with the 6spd manual still. The 3.6 is 6speed auto only. The 3.6 in different cars have different output. This one is 252hp.
              sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
              1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
              16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
              Original L82 Longblock
              with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
              Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

yes im afraid only 252hp with a heavy ass! This motor sounds like it is built to take a good beating stock(turbo or supercharger).

bunch of cool stuff on there about the 3.6 specs and what not that we have compiled.

I've been keeping incontact with a member that is supposibly building headers for the 3.6 FWD - but we'll see.

Overall, I'd like to keep it all motor, I just figure this way less BS with messing with a super or turbo. Figure some head work, possibly intake swap with a port job on them. I'll post in the DOHC performance section about my idea - I'd like to see some input from you more engine inclined people.

Sappy where have you been around the G6 forum?

2007 Pontiac G6 GTP
                Sedan Black/Black

Comment

Honestly if you want a little more performance, I would start out by getting a tuner. Hptuners currently has a tuner out for the G6 3.6L. If for some reason you have any mechanical issues, flash it back to stock and take the car to the dealer.
                  2000 Grand Am GT
                  2011 Chevy Impala

"The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power." ~John Lingenfelter

Comment

Originally posted by onefastV6 View Post
                    Honestly if you want a little more performance, I would start out by getting a tuner. Hptuners currently has a tuner out for the G6 3.6L. If for some reason you have any mechanical issues, flash it back to stock and take the car to the dealer.
                    yes I know about the flash but I dont want to hassle with it until I got all the mods.

Headers are in the works and should be done in a couple of months.

So headers, mandrel bend exhuast, CAI, and tune should get me close to 300 HP while staying in the 30 MPG range.

2007 Pontiac G6 GTP
                    Sedan Black/Black

Comment

very nice car...too bad they have to run the intake clear across the engine bay....kinda heats up the air...

The new Z06 exposes European sports cars for what they really are....overprice, underperforming snobs.

Comment

Originally posted by AWeb80 View Post
                        very nice car...too bad they have to run the intake clear across the engine bay....kinda heats up the air...
                        exactly:

2007 Pontiac G6 GTP
                        Sedan Black/Black

Comment

Working...
                        X