Just another newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just another newbie

What's up guys? I've got some irons in the fire just like everyone else. I've got 2 Fiero's......'85 SE V6 notchie, '87 GT, and an '86 Z24 convertible. They ain't much to look at, but they run great.

Who here has any 1st Gen Cavy's or Z24's?

Paul

Welcome. Fieros aer always nice to look at :P. Any mods on those guys?
    Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
    02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
    www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

I actually have a 3.8 SC with the 4T65HD that has 40,000 miles out of an '04 Monte SS. I just have to get the harness and exhaust made as getting some various poly bushings for the rest of the suspension. This is all going in the '87 GT.

The '85 is just a daily driver and it just clicked over 94,000 miles. The only thing really wrong with it is the front manifold has a leak. I actually plan on selling the '85 before long with a some extra parts.

Comment

Cool. So your SC is a Gen V . I know this isn't a 90 deg engine site but I have a heavy modded 02 GTP L67.
        02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
        www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

Originally posted by blackbombshell95 View Post
          Cool. So your SC is a Gen V . I know this isn't a 90 deg engine site but I have a heavy modded 02 GTP L67.
          I have been looking at ZZ Performance for their XP cam, headers, and pulley. A guy on the Fiero forum is (or knows someone) building an innercooler for this motor. I will probably do what my budget will allow for now so it will just be the pulley change......3.4". I was told that this is as small as I can go with no other mods.

Are you one of those guys that are running 10-11" 1/4 mile passes with their daily driver GP?

Comment

Originally posted by underdawg View Post
            I have been looking at ZZ Performance for their XP cam, headers, and pulley. A guy on the Fiero forum is (or knows someone) building an innercooler for this motor. I will probably do what my budget will allow for now so it will just be the pulley change......3.4". I was told that this is as small as I can go with no other mods.

Are you one of those guys that are running 10-11" 1/4 mile passes with their daily driver GP?
            I wish. I'm close to that though . I drive a prizm daily. The 02 GTP is my weekend beater. And the 95 is my baby.

The gtp isn't 100% as of yet. Next weekend i'll have it pretty close. It will be a low 12 sec car 11 with race prep. Ie gutted interior, slicks, race gas tune. It will sound almost stock at idle but should rip low 12's in the 1/4.

Stock Cam & Stock Block are the only things that have not been modded to give you an idea. Alls left for install is front heat exchanger and fuel pump rewire. Have you researched what kind of modifications are needed to headers to fit in a fiero? At least you can grab ZZP log headers. A xp cam will run great on those.

I would not do a 3.4" pulley stock. You will loose hp & run slower. I would always start with some exhaust work, plugs, intake, tstat, pcm, then drop to a 3.5". The reason being is you will have knock from the factory. Playing it safe will prevent your pistons from seeing daylight. lol.
            Last edited by blackbombshell95; 02-18-2009, 10:59 PM.
            02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
            www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

Originally posted by blackbombshell95 View Post
              Have you researched what kind of modifications are needed to headers to fit in a fiero? At least you can grab ZZP log headers. A xp cam will run great on those.

I would not do a 3.4" pulley stock. You will loose hp & run slower. I would always start with some exhaust work, plugs, intake, tstat, pcm, then drop to a 3.5". The reason being is you will have knock from the factory. Playing it safe will prevent your pistons from seeing daylight. lol.
              As for the tog headers my trunk would have to be modified for those. Still thinking about going that route.

Thanks for the heads up on the pulley....I'm glad I haven't ordered it yet.

I was told that a pulley change with an PCM tune will get it close to the 300HP mark. Any truth to it?
              Last edited by underdawg; 02-19-2009, 11:44 PM.

Comment

More Fiero enthusiasts.....can't have enough.......welcome...if you're looking for indepth Fiero mods...slide on over to Pennocks or as well G.T FIEROS...you'll receive a warm welcome...the members over there will help you with your engine mods info. http://www.gtfieros.com/ http://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin/main.cgi there are a couple of interesting engine mod pics in my Fiero garage.....one is a LT1 Vette engine that has been pressurized...will give you an idea as to where to possibly put the intercooler.
                91 LQ1 GP GT

Comment

Originally posted by 55trucker View Post
                  More Fiero enthusiasts.....can't have enough.......welcome...if you're looking for indepth Fiero mods...slide on over to Pennocks or as well G.T FIEROS...you'll receive a warm welcome...the members over there will help you with your engine mods info. http://www.gtfieros.com/ http://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin/main.cgi there are a couple of interesting engine mod pics in my Fiero garage.....one is a LT1 Vette engine that has been pressurized...will give you an idea as to where to possibly put the intercooler.

Ha ha ha! I've been at Pennocks since August of '08. I'll have to check out that other site too.....thanks.

Comment

I have had computer issues and lost my password and forgot my username here. Anyway here are some updated pics of what I have been working on. Still have some things to put back on and finish painting, but here it is.....
                    It has gone from this.....

To this.....

I'll do my best to have it all put back together for the meet here in BG, KY at Beach Bend Park. Hope to see some of you guys there.

Comment

Has anyone swaped in a 3400 in an '86 Cavalier? I see alot of them being done in '88-'94 models. Thinking about going this route for this car and when I get an '87 Z coupe I'll try to put the 3.8SC in.....ooops, thats a bad word here, ain't it? I've seen a lot of right ups on everything else but the first gens. Why? Can it be done?

Comment

that is definitely a one of a kind car.ive never seen a cavi like that before.

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

welcome =)

Comment

Originally posted by SofaKingWeToddDid View Post
                            that is definitely a one of a kind car.ive never seen a cavi like that before.
                            I have only seen one other first gen convertible Z and it was in a sales paper...'Wheels & Deals' years ago. The add said it was an '87, but I have been told that they didn't make a convertible Z in that year, just in '86. I don't know why GM would do it for only one year. Ever since then I have looked off and on for one. Now that I have this car back I'm gonna try my best to hang on to it.

Comment

i dont blame you, i would too. theres an older sunbird vert that a bodyman owns by the shop i work at. i always drive beside him home. haha

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

Working...
                              X